+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5444 need clarification please

lizlizliz

Mar 19, 2019
Hi, making this its own thread because I haven't been able to get an answer the past few weeks elsewhere on this site and I really need to push forward with this PR renewal process... Does anyone know for form IMM5444, the 4.2 Work and Educational History (Inside and Outside Canada) section, how to input job information if it's remote work? I continued working for a US company from home after moving to Canada and am not sure what to put down for city/town or country in this case.

Also, for a starting date, the form says to list work you've had since you became PR...I began working that job before I even immigrated. So do I put that date down, or should I put down the date I became PR due to the wording of their requirement?

Thank you!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, making this its own thread because I haven't been able to get an answer the past few weeks elsewhere on this site and I really need to push forward with this PR renewal process... Does anyone know for form IMM5444, the 4.2 Work and Educational History (Inside and Outside Canada) section, how to input job information if it's remote work? I continued working for a US company from home after moving to Canada and am not sure what to put down for city/town or country in this case.

Also, for a starting date, the form says to list work you've had since you became PR...I began working that job before I even immigrated. So do I put that date down, or should I put down the date I became PR due to the wording of their requirement?

Thank you!!
I'd just put the name of the company and the address from which you are working (i.e. home if that's it). It can't hurt to include a letter of explanation that your employer is in USA but you work from Canada.

I don't thinkt the date you put down matters that much.