+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5406E (Cannot validate the form)

Juryken

Jan 23, 2024
Sorry, I just re-read your posts above and I see you are saying it pretty much has to be done online, the validation is done there - so we will just have to do the representative thing.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks again. However, that seems to indicate that the "validation" step isn't required. In fact this whole thread seems to be saying that.
If we can just upload the form, filled out and signed by the applicant abroad, without any barcodes in place, that is easy enough.
I think what you're saying is that the Canadian govt. SAYS it needs to be validated, even though it doesn't actually have to be?
I do not understand what you are saying. Is it requiring you to validate the representative form online?

edit - now see your follow-up post. It seems we may not be on same page.

In other words, yes, if your applicant cannot do the online parts ... online, then yes, you will have to go the representative route.

[I'm ignoring question of whether you can submit paper version. Don;t know, too lazy to look it up - you can look it up if you really want.]

Juryken

Jan 23, 2024
Thank you for your patience and for helping me without any incentive.
I'll try to summarize:
-My friend is a PR who came as a refugee, and is trying to bring his spouse and children over as part of the One-Year-Window application.
-As part of the application, they need to submit a imm5406e. That form, when downloaded from the IRCC website, includes a "Validate" button. The IRCC information all seems to indicate that forms with the validate function are required to have the barcodes on them (i.e., they require them to have been validated).
-However, the validate function doesn't work in the form provided by IRCC (which is how this thread started).
-Above, many fine people have indicated they simply filled it out and scanned it - no mention of any validation/barcodes. So I guess I'm wondering, do we really get to ignore that validation step?

My applicant CAN sign the form - we can send her a physical copy which she can sign and mail back - or we can send to her for a digital signature using Docu/Authentisign. However, I know she will not be able to fill out the entire form properly, online - there are some serious technology challenges for her (personal and environmental). So I guess I'm trying to figure out whether we need to do the representative option (and her husband can fill it all out here in Canada with a good computer and me to help with the tech) OR whether we can just do the print/sign/scan option that is discussed in this thread.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your patience and for helping me without any incentive.
I'll try to summarize:
-My friend is a PR who came as a refugee, and is trying to bring his spouse and children over as part of the One-Year-Window application.
-As part of the application, they need to submit a imm5406e. That form, when downloaded from the IRCC website, includes a "Validate" button. The IRCC information all seems to indicate that forms with the validate function are required to have the barcodes on them (i.e., they require them to have been validated).
-However, the validate function doesn't work in the form provided by IRCC (which is how this thread started).
-Above, many fine people have indicated they simply filled it out and scanned it - no mention of any validation/barcodes. So I guess I'm wondering, do we really get to ignore that validation step?
Sorry, don't know.

My applicant CAN sign the form - we can send her a physical copy which she can sign and mail back - or we can send to her for a digital signature using Docu/Authentisign. However, I know she will not be able to fill out the entire form properly, online - there are some serious technology challenges for her (personal and environmental). So I guess I'm trying to figure out whether we need to do the representative option (and her husband can fill it all out here in Canada with a good computer and me to help with the tech) OR whether we can just do the print/sign/scan option that is discussed in this thread.
I seem to be repeating but: get her to sign and scan back the use of representative form, and the representative can thereafter sign forms on her behalf. And at that point any validation issues are the representative's to deal with, and she no longer has any computer issues to deal with.