+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM008 - "current country of residence"

jcanada77

Jan 14, 2020
hello,

I have tried to look for an answer before posting this, but could not find anything that helps.

I got married last year and my wife is from the USA. Since we did our religious marriage we have started living together. She still works for the same company but works remotely (in canada), she goes to the office in the USA once a month for about a week.

We are finally getting all the immigration paperworks ready and on the IMM008, current country of residence, when i put visitor it ask for " from and to". I'm not sure how to fill that out, or could I put other and send in a letter to explain why?

thanks everyone in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello,

I have tried to look for an answer before posting this, but could not find anything that helps.

I got married last year and my wife is from the USA. Since we did our religious marriage we have started living together. She still works for the same company but works remotely (in canada), she goes to the office in the USA once a month for about a week.

We are finally getting all the immigration paperworks ready and on the IMM008, current country of residence, when i put visitor it ask for " from and to". I'm not sure how to fill that out, or could I put other and send in a letter to explain why?

thanks everyone in advance.
Canada, from the date that she originally started to reside here.

She should be aware that frequent crossings are a red flag for CBSA and she may end up with issues trying to re-enter. This is particularly important if considering an inland app, as being refused re-entry will result in an inland app being cancelled. An outland app is likely best if she plans to continue travelling to the US throughout the process.

jcanada77

Jan 14, 2020
thank you for your reply.

she does plan to travel back and forth, work related.

since she lives here in canada, i would still use our canadian address for her correct? but then send the outland application if that would create less issue.

I would use the date when she started living here, but what about the "to"?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thank you for your reply.

she does plan to travel back and forth, work related.

since she lives here in canada, i would still use our canadian address for her correct? but then send the outland application if that would create less issue.

I would use the date when she started living here, but what about the "to"?
Yes, you still use the Canada address in an outland app.

You can put the signing date for "to".

jcanada77

Jan 14, 2020
great, thank you.

one last question, just so I make sure before I send it out, for Class of application, would it be :

1. I am currently living in canada with my sponsor, and i am applying under Spouse or Common law Partner in Canada Class ; or

2. I am currently living outside of Canada , and i'm applying under Family Class

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
great, thank you.

one last question, just so I make sure before I send it out, for Class of application, would it be :

1. I am currently living in canada with my sponsor, and i am applying under Spouse or Common law Partner in Canada Class ; or

2. I am currently living outside of Canada , and i'm applying under Family Class
Neither. Other option, living in Canada applying under Family Class.

Reactions: jcanada77