+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5669 Questionnaire

pancana99

Sep 12, 2024
Hello everyone!

Im trying to sponsor my wife and she is not sure what to select on question 5 on the questionnaire part. It ask if the applicant has been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, canada.

To give a brief story last year we traveled out of canada and she forgot to renew her visitor visa so when we tried to come back to canada we got told by the airline that the visa had expired.
I think the person at the front desk was confused why on his computer her ticket had an error and he had to call someone in canada to ask what was happening.
This happened on that country before traveling back to canada

In the end she just applied to a new visa but now that we are filling up the spousal sponsorship she is not sure whether to put yes or no on that question.
because she never arrived in Canada and got refused, or if the airline contacting Canada counts as being refused.

Thank you in advance!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
-In my view this is not a refusal or denial of entry - it was caught before boarding hthe plane.

-That said: if in any doubt at all, disclosing is better. It will not hurt to include a short letter of explanation that [this happened] [date] but she did not arrive at the port of entry.