+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5406 Family Information Form - Second Time Requested, Child of a Single Parent

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Hello there,

I received an email from CIC requesting a new IMM 5406 family information form- this time with an original signature (i.e. I must print out the typed form and put my actual signature in ink)

As I was filling in the new IMM 5406, I realized that I am not entering any of my father's details- because I was raised by a single mother.
No father's details are listed on my birth certificate, I don't have contact with him or anything like that.

I had written "Not applicable" in the father section on the original family form- but am now wondering, as I do the second form, if that's confusing CIC.

They have given me just seven days to submit the new form so I don't have time to send a Case Specific Enquiry and await a reply.
Are there any immigrants from single parent families out there who may have come across something like this? (Or anyone else for that matter!)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,
C.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
When in doubt, write a letter of explanation and include that with your form.

If you actually know his name and/or approximate whereabouts, it would be good to include that information, but also explain the extent of your (non-)relationship with him.

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
I just saw your reply now!

Months later, typical.

I don't know where he is so for a finish I entered in Not applicable as has been the case my entire life.

Thanks for your help.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
chevalcriostoir said:
I just saw your reply now!

Months later, typical.

I don't know where he is so for a finish I entered in Not applicable as has been the case my entire life.

Thanks for your help.
LOL!

BTW If your application is still pending, you could still submit a Letter of Explanation (LOE) via the case-specific inquiry form...

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

If you haven't done so, you might also want to request your GCMS notes to see if this has had any negative impact on your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

draun16

Aug 14, 2017
Hello All, I have the same issue, is there anyone who can help me here. My mother and father got divorce. What should I can mention ?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hello All, I have the same issue, is there anyone who can help me here. My mother and father got divorce. What should I can mention ?
Your parent's divorce is irrelevant here. You should enter your mother and father details as requested by IRCC. Good Luck!