+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM-0008: Necessary to include dependents who are Can. citizens?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you sir, just noticed they got nomination, can i ask you if there is any need to attached my Canadian son Birth certificate along with the form to avoid any confusion for officer?
I think it is useful to include a short letter of explanation that Canadian children have not been included and some evidence of their citizenship, yes.

Reactions: YVR123

BuickBun71

Jul 21, 2024
Wow, am I glad Mr. Google referred me to you guys! I've been wracking my brain about this section of the IMM0008 for while now. Unfortunately, I'm in a rather unique situation as to whether to include my son. Here's what I have:

- I am US citizen by birth
- Wife is Canadian citizen by birth
- Son was born in the US on Sept. 11, 2017, but has official Canadian citizenship, thus making him a dual-citizen
- Wife and son moved to Canada on Sept. 30, 2022 and currently living there
- I'm still stuck living in the US until my PR finally comes and then I can finally complete the move and join them

So, do I add my son as a dependent, who's technically a Canadian citizen, but also technically born in the US (and thus also a citizen)?

And for that matter, I do not list my Canadian wife as a dependent, correct?

mamamia0110

Aug 6, 2019
I’ve this case of son who’s Canadian
I’ve emailed SINP to make sure
They guided me to:
Include my dependent in the form
And in ( accompanying you to Canada) I tick (no) then write explanation that ( coz he is citizen and don’t need PR)
it is also good to attach to the form his birth certificate and passport as a proof with letter of explanation that he is accompanying me indeed but ticked no coz he ia citizen just to reconfirm to Officer the situation

BuickBun71

Jul 21, 2024
I’ve this case of son who’s Canadian
I’ve emailed SINP to make sure
They guided me to:
Include my dependent in the form
And in ( accompanying you to Canada) I tick (no) then write explanation that ( coz he is citizen and don’t need PR)
it is also good to attach to the form his birth certificate and passport as a proof with letter of explanation that he is accompanying me indeed but ticked no coz he ia citizen just to reconfirm to Officer the situation

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help, and so quickly!! :)

Eva74

Jul 31, 2024
Hi! I have a question. I hope I got a response. I am confused about what to put on my 1-year-old son's citizenship. My husband, his father is a Canadian. My 1-year-old son was born in the Philippines, What citizenship(s) should I put to his IMM0008 #8 Dependant Info? And since we are residing in the Philippines, should I put Philippines' citizen or foreign national? Or shouldn't I put him as dependant on IM0008? Because when I searched they said if one of the parent is Canadian automatically the baby born outside Canada will still be a Canadian citizen? That is why I am so confused right now. I do not know what to do. Please help me.