+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegitimate child

dally28

Jun 17, 2024
Hello everyone. I have a question and I hope someone could help me. I am here in Canada as PR since 2015. My sister sponsored us with my mother. Three years after, I had a child in our country back home out of marriage. The child wasn’t under my name. I am supporting him financially. But me and her mother is not in a good situation eversince. As of now, I am still blocked in her social media accounts. Now, I am already married and has one child here in Canada. I sponsored my wife last yr. My question is, I didn’t declare my illegitimate child since she was born and up to this day that I already have my own family. During my wife application, I still didn't declare my illegitimate child since her mother doesn’t want to give the child to me. And I am alsp confused since the surname pf thw child ia her mother’s surname.
Any suggestions if I can still declare my illegitimate child? Or not anymore? By the way, I cannot sponsor my illegitimate child because her mother doesn’t want to. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
You can never sponsor your child that was not declared. IRCC does not care about why you lied and did not declare them. They will be more concerned you misrepresented yourself in your application for PR.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hello everyone. I have a question and I hope someone could help me. I am here in Canada as PR since 2015. My sister sponsored us with my mother. Three years after, I had a child in our country back home out of marriage. The child wasn’t under my name. I am supporting him financially. But me and her mother is not in a good situation eversince. As of now, I am still blocked in her social media accounts. Now, I am already married and has one child here in Canada. I sponsored my wife last yr. My question is, I didn’t declare my illegitimate child since she was born and up to this day that I already have my own family. During my wife application, I still didn't declare my illegitimate child since her mother doesn’t want to give the child to me. And I am alsp confused since the surname pf thw child ia her mother’s surname.
Any suggestions if I can still declare my illegitimate child? Or not anymore? By the way, I cannot sponsor my illegitimate child because her mother doesn’t want to. Please help. Thank you in advance.
Apart from the accurate details in the previous post about not declaring the child, it wouldn't matter if the mother won't allow it. She needs to be in agreement, or it won't happen regardless.

dally28

Jun 17, 2024
You can never sponsor your child that was not declared. IRCC does not care about why you lied and did not declare them. They will be more concerned you misrepresented yourself in your application for PR.

Thank you for your response. But I don’t have any child yet when I arrived in Canada. So I cannot declare anything. Not until then when we processed my wife’s spousal sponsorship and I didn’t declare him still since there will be no chance that I can sponsor my child here because I don’t have any contact with him. And surely his mother will never allow that to happen. What should I do? Should I inform IRCC or not at all anymore since I can never have him here. I am just worried that IRCC will found out I didn’t declare him and will face misrepresentation. Please advice.

Last edited:

dally28

Jun 17, 2024
Apart from the accurate details in the previous post about not declaring the child, it wouldn't matter if the mother won't allow it. She needs to be in agreement, or it won't happen regardless.
So what should I do now? Should I inform the IRCC or no? since there will never be a chance that I can sponsor him here anymore. I’m afraid that they will file misrepresentation against me.

Last edited:

vancityrichard

Jan 24, 2024
You abandoned your child and then hid that information while sponsoring your wife. You are right to be afraid of the consequences of your actions. You should really be contacting an immigration lawyer for help over something like this.

Reactions: foodie69

dally28

Jun 17, 2024
You abandoned your child and then hid that information while sponsoring your wife. You are right to be afraid of the consequences of your actions. You should really be contacting an immigration lawyer for help over something like this.

Is there any chance that the ircc will found out about this?we’re just planning to inform them and or get a lawyer for this matter.I’m still hesitant to inform them somehow because even if I will include him his mother will not give it to us.so what’s the point of informing ircc

vancityrichard

Jan 24, 2024
Is there any chance that the ircc will found out about this?we’re just planning to inform them and or get a lawyer for this matter.I’m still hesitant to inform them somehow because even if I will include him his mother will not give it to us.so what’s the point of informing ircc
Yes, the IRCC could find out. The child's mother, their family, or anyone else in your life who knows the truth could tell them.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Personally I think there is no point in informing them until you have some reason to do so. There does not appear to be such a reason now.

In general, broadly speaking, the 'punishment' for omitting an immediate family member is limited to the ban on sponsoring that family member in future.

Will that always be the case? I don't know. Will it be the case here? I don't know.

But I would leave well enough alone for the time being.

dally28

Jun 17, 2024
Yes, the IRCC could find out. The child's mother, their family, or anyone else in your life who knows the truth could tell them.

yes. Honestly that is what I am worried because his mother is always mad at me.she keeps on ruining my wife’s name and also me to other people.so that is why I ask it here that what if ircc will found out.so i am worried about my family here now.but we’re not a bad person.i swear.there’s really a threat about us before by his mother so we didn’t declare him anymore.

dally28

Jun 17, 2024
Personally I think there is no point in informing them until you have some reason to do so. There does not appear to be such a reason now.

In general, broadly speaking, the 'punishment' for omitting an immediate family member is limited to the ban on sponsoring that family member in future.

Will that always be the case? I don't know. Will it be the case here? I don't know.

But I would leave well enough alone for the time being.

Thank you. That is also what we’re thinking. To not inform them for the time being. I am just thinking and worried about the punishment especially that I have my family here now. Thank you.

dally28

Jun 17, 2024
If you are not mentioned in the birth certificate as a father, then it's not your child officially, nothing to worry about.

yes that is correct. I am not included in the birth certificate.But she told me that is my child.so i am sending money for support.can you please further explain why I should not worry?please

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
It's not your legitimate child. You don't have to declare it and you couldn't possibly do it without a birth certificate with your name on it as a father. You have no obligation to declare this child.

Sending money for support doesn't make you a legitimate father.

dally28

Jun 17, 2024
It's not your legitimate child. You don't have to declare it and you couldn't possibly do it without a birth certificate with your name on it as a father. You have no obligation to declare this child.

Sending money for support doesn't make you a legitimate father.

Oh God somehow I feel relieved. They giving me threat for so long.I am just worried about my family here.For the future of my family here.They keep on telling me that they will tell the truth here in ircc so that all of our PR will be revoke.But just incase they will tell it to ircc,is this enough valid reason for me to tell them?