+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Illegitimate child

vancityrichard

Jan 24, 2024
Oh God somehow I feel relieved. They giving me threat for so long.I am just worried about my family here.For the future of my family here.They keep on telling me that they will tell the truth here in ircc so that all of our PR will be revoke.But just incase they will tell it to ircc,is this enough valid reason for me to tell them?
The advice you're receiving above is terrible. Whether or not you're on the birth certificate, this is your child. It wouldn't be hard to prove that it's yours either, since you've been paying support to the mother for about 8 years now. I'm sure the mother also has a ton of textual evidence of you admitting that it's your child.

Your behaviour is frankly disgusting. You made a human being with another woman back home and now you've abandoned it. Your questions aren't about how you can help this child, how you might improve their life, or how you can fix your lies. Your questions are all about how you can protect yourself from a bunch of lies that you made. You are just gross and you deserve to feel the shame and fear that you do.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
The advice you're receiving above is terrible. Whether or not you're on the birth certificate, this is your child. It wouldn't be hard to prove that it's yours either, since you've been paying support to the mother for about 8 years now. I'm sure the mother also has a ton of textual evidence of you admitting that it's your child.
Let's do the opposite. How he would prove that it's his child to declare as a dependant? By claiming that he is sending money to his mother and with textual evidence? The IRCC would never accept that as an evidence. You need a court's decision or a birth certificate. Words, texts or money don't prove anything.

dally28

Jun 17, 2024

Yes I am aware of that too.This is one of the reasons also why I hesitant to declare him because he is not under my name.I’m afraid that it will delay the process of my wife also for the sponsorship.Because I think ircc will ask more about the child.Also, my ex told me that she will kill me and my wife when she was still in our country if I will take my illegitimate child here.So to avoid conflict I decided not to declare.And as aforementioned above,as much as we want to communicate,she blocked us.When I was in our country I tried to reach out and see my child bit she hide him from me.

So now, I was thinking what if they will inform ircc about this though they even don’t have any idea at all that I didn’t declare him.I never even mention this to anybody else that I didn’t declare him.Even my own family.This is just between me and my wife.So because of those threat, I came here to ask for help to what should I do if in case in worse scenario that they will inform ircc that I have an illegitimate child and ircc will track back our application and will find out that I didn’t declare the child.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes I am aware of that too.This is one of the reasons also why I hesitant to declare him because he is not under my name.
Look, the issue of how you support the child financially is one thing - a separate matter.

I'm surprised at this outrage - even if you were to 'fix' this right now, it likely wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Now note, this is all basically my informed speculation:

Let's consider you reporting it yourself to IRCC, with whatever docs you can provide and an apology that you didn't understand because you weren't on the birth certificate or whatever. First, this is nothing new to IRCC, they don't have much info, whether they take your apology at face value, there's not much they're going to do save decide whether further action is required. No, they're not going to expel a PR (with family, if that was even possible); they're going to make a note to file that you didn't report child X and that child can't be sponsored by you in future. That's it. That's all the 'further action' that would result at present.

End result is no different than not reporting, because if you apply in future whether the child is disclosed now or not, they'll see you didn't disclose the child before when you should have.

Someone else reports it? Sure, there's an allegation. Perhaps some evidence. But there's no application to sponsor, nothing they can do about it, so they're going to ... possibly make a note to file that you didn't declare a child on your app (name, whatever info they have) and ... that's it. They can't even likely prove it because not on birth certificate. Even if they conceivably could, they are NOT going to investigate some hypothetical situation - no resources to pursue futile dead ends.

No different result. In all cases, IRCC is not going to do anything until they have a reason to, which basically boils down to some attempt to sponsor the child - which is not remotely possible in current circumstances (custody).

If that changes in future - well, look into it then.

Last edited:

dally28

Jun 17, 2024

Your behaviour is frankly disgusting. You made a human being with another woman back home and now you've abandoned it. Your questions aren't about how you can help this child, how you might improve their life, or how you can fix your lies. Your questions are all about how you can protect yourself from a bunch of lies that you made. You are just gross and you deserve to feel the shame and fear that you do.

I understand how you feel. The child is only 5 year old btw. So how come 8 yrs? I arrived here woth no child at all. I got PR here with no child at all. If that is your opinion then be it. I respect that. You don’t know the real story behind. You’ll never know until it happen to you. But thank you for taking time answering my Qs. God bless you.

dally28

Jun 17, 2024
T
Look, the issue of how you support the child financially is one thing - a separate matter.

I'm surprised at this outrage - even if you were to 'fix' this right now, it likely wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Now note, this is all basically my informed speculation:

Let's consider you reporting it yourself to IRCC, with whatever docs you can provide and an apology that you didn't understand because you weren't on the birth certificate or whatever. First, this is nothing new to IRCC, they don't have much info, whether they take your apology at face value, there's not much they're going to do save decide whether further action is required. No, they're not going to expel a PR (with family, if that was even possible); they're going to make a note to file that you didn't report child X and that child can't be sponsored by you in future. That's it. That's all the 'further action' that would result at present.

End result is no different than not reporting, because if you apply in future whether the child is disclosed now or not, they'll see you didn't disclose the child before when you should have.

Someone else reports it? Sure, there's an allegation. Perhaps some evidence. But there's no application to sponsor, nothing they can do about it, so they're going to ... possibly make a note to file that you didn't declare a child on your app (name, whatever info they have) and ... that's it. They can't even likely prove it because not on birth certificate. Even if they conceivably could, they are NOT going to investigate some hypothetical situation - no resources to pursue futile dead ends.

No different result. In all cases, IRCC is not going to do anything until they have a reason to, which basically boils down to some attempt to sponsor the child - which is not remotely possible in current circumstances (custody).

If that changes in future - well, look into it then.
Thank you so much. I really do appreciate you. God bless you. Thank you so much.

Reactions: armoured