+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you could talk to Minister Alexander, what would you tell him?

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So this would ordinarily be a hypothetical question but I will be at an event in a couple of weeks where the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration will be in attendance. I am hoping to get the chance to have a few words with him. I think I will start with something along the lines of "Sir, I would love for you to be a guest at my citizenship ceremony!", to which he might reply, "Sure/I can try, when is it going to take place?". At which point I can say, "Well now that's a really good question. My application is well into its third year of processing with no end in sight".

How well do you think that will go over? I am open to any advice, suggestions and comments from you all ;D

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This minister doesn't have that much power and knowledge about the details in the citizenship process.

lover-of-love

Feb 12, 2015
Sure man. Don't hesitate in telling him that how frustrating it is to see applications being processed in Alberta 6 or 7 times slower than GTA or Quebec. Tell him that you are not the only one who is denied the right to vote (and kick out Cons from Government) despite that you pay regular taxes. Ask him if this is a political move to please immigrants in Ontario (as that s a Liberal area) and avoid giving the people citizenship in Alberta so that it does not effect the vote bank in next elections.

Also tell him that you will never forget what you went through during these 3 huge years and you will make sure that you remember this ordeal each time you go to vote in elections. I wish if I had this opportunity of seeing him in person. I would definitely let him know that he is doing a bad job...

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
bambino said:
So this would ordinarily be a hypothetical question but I will be at an event in a couple of weeks where the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration will be in attendance. I am hoping to get the chance to have a few words with him. I think I will start with something along the lines of "Sir, I would love for you to be a guest at my citizenship ceremony!", to which he might reply, "Sure/I can try, when is it going to take place?". At which point I can say, "Well now that's a really good question. My application is well into its third year of processing with no end in sight".

How well do you think that will go over? I am open to any advice, suggestions and comments from you all ;D

That's a good one to get his attention regarding your file...... Smart move!!!! - Take your client ID with you... who knows.... he might ask you for it to check on...

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
I would congratulate him on the great work CIC is doing overall!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will actually see him in a few weeks in a private meeting and I am gonna tell him the following:

1- Does the Rt Hon Minister think whether it is fair for hundreds of thousands of people to wait for years to receive their Cdn citizenships?

2- Does he care or acknowledge the suffering that his bloated racist lazy dept intentionally causes people?

3- His Cons party won't be receiving my support in the next federal election. I intend to support the other parties who, when in power, didn't treat citizenship applicants the way Cons have.

4- Please resign.

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
The suffering?? :eek:

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wilbur, you submitted your application only 3 months ago and obviously cannot relate to us "lifers" on this forum, which is fine. If you are in the GTA, chances are you'll become a citizen before this summer, which will be just great for you. For the rest of us that will add some more insult to our injury and make our suffering, which I don't think is that strong a word, just a little worse.

My PR application was processed even quicker than yours, and I too was very happy with CIC back then...

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
wilbur, you submitted your application only 3 months ago and obviously cannot relate to us "lifers" on this forum, which is fine. If you are in the GTA, chances are you'll become a citizen before this summer, which will be just great for you. For the rest of us that will add some more insult to our injury and make our suffering, which I don't think is that strong a word, just a little worse.

My PR application was processed even quicker than yours, and I too was very happy with CIC back then...
Word...

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
bambino said:

That is your point of view, why you said they are insulting you? Do you think the time is taking is done on purpose?

Regardless of the time I have been waiting for me the point is that Citizenship is a privilege not a right, and in any case I cannot relate the waiting process to suffering, again that is your point of view, but I don't agree with it.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What kind of a privilege is given on the basis of physical presence... The price seems too be cheap to be considered as a privilege...

That means that everybody is a privileged just because he/she has been here physically. That is great achievement... being here physically couple of years... wowww not every person is capable to do that.

lover-of-love

Feb 12, 2015
Wilbur, To add insult to injury is a proverb, which means to exacerbate the situation... bambino never said that he was insulted, but I would seriously not wish for u to wait for 3 years and feel the pain others are going through. To answer your question: Do you think the time is taking is done on purpose? OH YES, for sure.. There is an intentional effort in Alberta so that the voting bank does not change much, as there has been a huge influx of immigrants from all over the Canada into Alberta, which is threatening the "rule" of Cons in this province. Just search the bi-election results in Fort McMurray and u ll see easily that Cons won with the smallest margin ever.

Getting Canadian citizenship will make you feel privileged? Well again, as you disagree with bambino, I reserve my right to disagree with you as well.