+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you could talk to Minister Alexander, what would you tell him?

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Rayan14 said:
Be polite, respectful and decent. That's the Canadian way.
It seems to me that you don't know a thing about Canada. I happen live in a free country called Canada, and I am afforded the right to mouth off whatever I want to about the current or past government policies, cabinet ministers and the conduct of politics in this land. And yes it shall be a one on one meeting. Jealous much?
In fact, you're a sheep who thinks a government employee or a callous/uncaring minister can't be questioned by members of public. And I think you have no idea what it is to lose a prime job opportunity when one's citinzenship is delayed for 38 months. So sit down and shut your pie hole. I didn't ask your opinion and wasn't talking to you either. Kapish?
Sure I dont know a thing about Canada, do you? Members of public, which by the way are called voters in this country, the country that allows you to mouth whatever you want, those voters can question the Parliament and the MPs they are voting. Government is chosen by Prime Minister and voted by Parliament; they are not responsible in front of people, but in front of political party. Of course they work for people. That shows your understanding about government policies, cabinet ministers and the conduct of politics in this land.
No wonder loosing a prime job opportunity, maybe just dont get it why.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
Sure I dont know a thing about Canada, do you? Members of public, which by the way are called voters in this country, the country that allows you to mouth whatever you want, those voters can question the Parliament and the MPs they are voting. Government is chosen by Prime Minister and voted by Parliament; they are not responsible in front of people, but in front of political party. Of course they work for people. That shows your understanding about government policies, cabinet ministers and the conduct of politics in this land.
No wonder loosing a prime job opportunity, maybe just dont get it why.
I have no idea what you just wrote up there. But any how, it is 'losing' not loosing.

To Loose: to unfasten, undo, or untie, as a bond, fetter, or knot.

To Lose: to be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).
"I've lost my appetite"
synonyms: be deprived of, suffer the loss of; no longer have
"he's lost a lot of blood"

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Rayan14 said:
I have no idea what you just wrote up there. But any how, it is 'losing' not loosing.

"I've lost my appetite"
So after all, you do know what I'm talking about.
Say hello to Mr Alexander on that private meeting if you make it that close to him.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Rayan14 said:

"I've lost my appetite"
And by the way; congratulation on your english skills. And make sure you dont loose you appetite. Or lose ....

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The event that mentioned in my original post took place last night. Unfortunately, Minister Alexander was not in attendance, it was Kellie Leitch, Minister of Labour.

She had a brief speech followed by some Q&A. One of the questions concerned immigration, and her response was strange, to say the least. She either didn't understand what she was being asked, or was being intentionally obtuse. It was largely ethnic crowd (the MP candidate by whom the event was organized is an immigrant), and it was obvious that many people were annoyed with her non-answer.

I am not sure what the Conservatives are thinking, but they must realize that they are alienating immigrants. It's not just the citizenship processing times. It's the spousal sponsorship fiasco, the LMIAs that have affected tens of thousands of foreign students and workers, etc.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambino said:
The event that mentioned in my original post took place last night. Unfortunately, Minister Alexander was not in attendance, it was Kellie Leitch, Minister of Labour.

She had a brief speech followed by some Q&A. One of the questions concerned immigration, and her response was strange, to say the least. She either didn't understand what she was being asked, or was being intentionally obtuse. It was largely ethnic crowd (the MP candidate by whom the event was organized is an immigrant), and it was obvious that many people were annoyed with her non-answer.

I am not sure what the Conservatives are thinking, but they must realize that they are alienating immigrants. It's not just the citizenship processing times. It's the spousal sponsorship fiasco, the LMIAs that have affected tens of thousands of foreign students and workers, etc.
Great observation. The Conservatives simply don't care about alienating people.