+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If I worked remotely, should me reference letter mention it?

Raj69

Oct 28, 2022
Pretty much the title. I worked remotely for a company that's not based in my country.. and have requested a reference letter. I feel it is needed because they are likely to ask for a PCC from that country as well if I don't. What do you guys think?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Yes it will be nice if your employer mentions that you worked remotely from your home country. However nice most others even if your employer's HR reuses to mention that, the best you can do is in the EE mention your home address in the work history. After you get an ITA and apply add your own Letter of explanation (LOE) in addition to the reference letter

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Pretty much the title. I worked remotely for a company that's not based in my country.. and have requested a reference letter. I feel it is needed because they are likely to ask for a PCC from that country as well if I don't. What do you guys think?
This is wrong. When you work remotely, you are a self-employed individual who has to manage their own taxes. You worked for your local entity under which you file your taxes. Your location is your country, not the company's country. No PCC is needed from the employer's location.