+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS

Jul 31, 2008
Thanks qbanky. One more question- when I looked up IELTS website, there are 2 types of tests: Academic and general? Does CIC have any preference?

I am quite surprised that CIC requires IELTS despite the fact that I have advanced degrees from the USA.

Thanks again.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maplemapleleaf said:
Thanks qbanky. One more question- when I looked up IELTS website, there are 2 types of tests: Academic and general? Does CIC have any preference?

I am quite surprised that CIC requires IELTS despite the fact that I have advanced degrees from the USA.

Thanks again.
General, it actually helps if you read the guides on www.cic.gc.ca

PMM

milon

Aug 2, 2008
Dear All,

As you know during fill up the simplified application, applicant will have to write the language ability (Example: High, Moderate etc). It is quite tough to predict how one will score if he/she don’t go through the exam.

My question is

If someone claimed:
Reading: High,
Wring: Moderate,
Speaking: Moderate,
Listening: Moderate

But actually if score:
Reading: Moderate
Wring: High
Speaking: Moderate

Will CHC count it valid as score is same as someone claimed but individually he/she score different as he/she claimed.

Thanks
Milon

milon

Aug 2, 2008
Dear All,

As you know during fill up the simplified application, applicant will have to write the language ability (Example: High, Moderate etc). It is quite tough to predict how one will score if he/she don’t go through the exam.

My question is

If someone claimed:

But actually if score:

Will CHC count it valid as score is same as someone claimed but individually he/she score different as he/she claimed.

Thanks
Milon

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

milon said:
Dear All,

As you know during fill up the simplified application, applicant will have to write the language ability (Example: High, Moderate etc). It is quite tough to predict how one will score if he/she don't go through the exam.

My question is

If someone claimed:

But actually if score:

Thanks
Milon
CHC will just give you the points from IELTS, they couldn't care less how you scored in each are.

PMM

Cossack

Aug 3, 2008
Dear PMM,
Can you provide me with the CIC link describing that language test should be taken within one year of submitting the simplified application?As far as I know that the time interval is two years.
PMM said:
Hi

kelzer said:
Hi PMM,

What happens once CHC asks for your IELTS cert and say your cert is 1/2/3 years old but has been taken just after the initial application. Reason is I'm sending in my application soon and thinking of doing the IELTS soon after, if it would be valid when CHC request it.
Here is what CIC said:

Q14: I have just taken a language proficiency test at a designated organization (such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test d'évaluation de français (TEF)). Can I submit the results now?

If you apply after September 1, 2006, (under the simplified application process) no supporting documents are accepted at the outset. Please only submit your language test results once you have been asked by the visa office to submit supporting documentation. Any documents submitted prior to this will be returned. If you take the language test within one year of submitting your simplified application, those results remain valid and will be accepted as supporting documentation by the visa office.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Cossack said:
Dear PMM,
Can you provide me with the CIC link describing that language test should be taken within one year of submitting the simplified application?As far as I know that the time interval is two years.
PMM said:
Hi

kelzer said:
Hi PMM,

What happens once CHC asks for your IELTS cert and say your cert is 1/2/3 years old but has been taken just after the initial application. Reason is I'm sending in my application soon and thinking of doing the IELTS soon after, if it would be valid when CHC request it.
Here is what CIC said:

Q14: I have just taken a language proficiency test at a designated organization (such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test d'évaluation de français (TEF)). Can I submit the results now?

If you apply after September 1, 2006, (under the simplified application process) no supporting documents are accepted at the outset. Please only submit your language test results once you have been asked by the visa office to submit supporting documentation. Any documents submitted prior to this will be returned. If you take the language test within one year of submitting your simplified application, those results remain valid and will be accepted as supporting documentation by the visa office.

PMM
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/skilled/skilled-faq14.asp

PMM

Cossack

Aug 3, 2008
Thanks PMM.
In this case I think I have to do the test again. I applied for immigration almost one and a half year after doing my IELTS test. Is there any possibility CIC might recognize these results?!
PMM said:
HI

Cossack said:
Dear PMM,
PMM said:
Hi

kelzer said:
Hi PMM,

Here is what CIC said:

PMM
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/skilled/skilled-faq14.asp

PMM

sweety_Hina

Aug 3, 2008
What if i submit my IELTS with Academic Stream rather than General Traning?Can they make any objection?

Second,Their other requirement is :OR: Bachelor in English or French,

I have a certificate from a Global Professional Accountancy Body taught in English medium, Equivalent to Bachelor will it also work?

Regards,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sweety_Hina said:
What if i submit my IELTS with Academic Stream rather than General Traning?Can they make any objection?

Second,Their other requirement is :OR: Bachelor in English or French,

I have a certificate from a Global Professional Accountancy Body taught in English medium, Equivalent to Bachelor will it also work?

Regards,
Follow the instructions:

General IELTS only.
No where does it say on the CIC site that a Bachelor in English or French is a substitute for IELTS
CEC class

"Proof of language proficiency

At time of the application, you will need to:

* submit language test results from a designated testing agency or
* establish your proficiency levels through a written explanation and supporting documentation.

Important information CIC strongly advises that you provide the results of a language test if English or French is not your first language. Written submissions are only recommended for applicants whose first language is English or French.

PMM

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
Hi friends
i am new to this forum I just have some questions and I appreciate your help.
1. if I already take the IELTS before 9 months from the submitting of the application, is that would be fine or i need to take it again.
2. is Academic IELTS is it accepted or just the General IELTS.
3. is there any news about the new regulations that issued after 27 Feb 2008

thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Within a year is ok so 9 months is ok.

2. CIC asks for general IELTS. If you have only Academic, you have to ask the visa office if this is ok.

3. No news on new rules yet