Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
Members..I made my PR application after observing the instruction that, all the applicants must meet the application criteria before putting an application.So among other things,I went ahead and did the IELTS.I scored an overall 8 .If it takes ages to get a word from the consulate..say like 6 years from the year I put in my application (2007), will my IELTS score remain valid till then?

At the time I made the PR application,My IELTS certificate was hardly 2 months old.Whats your opinion about this?...Thanks.

hamid22

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
I think ILETS results are valid for two years, so you need to re-take it at the time your turn arrived. let me know where you took it and how was it. You have got high points.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hamid22 said:
I think ILETS results are valid for two years, so you need to re-take it at the time your turn arrived. let me know where you took it and how was it. You have got high points.
1. For Immigration purposes it is only valid for 1 year. If you took the IELTs within 1 year of submitting your Application, CHC will accept it.

PMM

kelzer

Jun 21, 2008
Does this also apply to the skilled worker application? If your IELTS is taken up to one year after initial application, it will be accepted?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kelzer said:
Does this also apply to the skilled worker application? If your IELTS is taken up to one year after initial application, it will be accepted?
Yes.

PMM

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
PMM,

I submitted my application sometime in 06. Can I write the IELTS exams next year and submit to CHC before the ask me for updates?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mot said:
PMM,

I submitted my application sometime in 06. Can I write the IELTS exams next year and submit to CHC before the ask me for updates?
No, it is not within 1 year of submitting your application.

PMM

kelzer

Jun 21, 2008
Hi PMM,

What happens once CHC asks for your IELTS cert and say your cert is 1/2/3 years old but has been taken just after the initial application. Reason is I'm sending in my application soon and thinking of doing the IELTS soon after, if it would be valid when CHC request it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kelzer said:
Hi PMM,

What happens once CHC asks for your IELTS cert and say your cert is 1/2/3 years old but has been taken just after the initial application. Reason is I'm sending in my application soon and thinking of doing the IELTS soon after, if it would be valid when CHC request it.
Here is what CIC said:

Q14: I have just taken a language proficiency test at a designated organization (such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test d’évaluation de français (TEF)). Can I submit the results now?

If you apply after September 1, 2006, (under the simplified application process) no supporting documents are accepted at the outset. Please only submit your language test results once you have been asked by the visa office to submit supporting documentation. Any documents submitted prior to this will be returned. If you take the language test within one year of submitting your simplified application, those results remain valid and will be accepted as supporting documentation by the visa office.

PMM

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
hamid22 said:
took it in Beijing. All you have to do is get prepared and just take it like any other exam.

kelzer

Jun 21, 2008
What happens if you cert is over 2 years old when requested but has been taken within 1 year of first applying, is it still valid?

farazfastian

Jul 24, 2008
Hi guys,

The whole Ielts thing is really confusing, i think it's clear if you take ielts exam within one year of submitting the initial application then you should be fine. But what if at the time of initial application you already got valid ielts result i.e. you just took it few days ago so will it be still acceptable at the time of supporting documents request by CIC?

Regards
Faraz

immhelp

Jul 12, 2008
Faraz

Dont give IELTS till CIC inform you to do so to reach the score of 67 or else you have to give it again, and on the other side CIC dont need IELTS from every applicant and if you have attain the points then they dont request you to write also...so wait till they communicate with you...

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
PMM,

So if a take the test now having submitted my application since 2004, it will have no consequence to the process.

Jul 31, 2008
I have TOEFL scores and have studied in the USA for 5 years (grad degree), do I still need to take the IELTS? Will CIC not accept TOEFL?

Kindly advise. Thanks.