+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS result on Friday but TRF on Saturday - please help

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I was just informed that I can get my IELTS results on Friday, but since the British Council UAE is closed on Friday, I will only be able to pick up my actual TRF form on Saturday.... about 3 hours after the usual time that CIC does the draws...
Is there any way I can make sure that I submit by profile on Friday itself, or am I going to end up missing this? I had all my plans in the hope that I will be able to submit everything by Friday afternoon latest (UAE time, which is Friday morning Canada time)...

Can I submit EE profile without the TRF reference, or put an arbitrary one and change it asap few hours later in case I get the ITA?

Please advise... now I am very worried:(

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I realize that its not confirmed... but I was hoping not to miss the earliest draw as soon as I get my result... So can I enter my results on Friday and submit a EE profile? These are real results... but the only thing that I will not have is a TRF reference until few hours too late...

ayekayman

Jan 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th November 2015
AOR Received.
10th November 2015
EFK said:
Hi everyone,

I was just informed that I can get my IELTS results on Friday, but since the British Council UAE is closed on Friday, I will only be able to pick up my actual TRF form on Saturday.... about 3 hours after the usual time that CIC does the draws...
Is there any way I can make sure that I submit by profile on Friday itself, or am I going to end up missing this? I had all my plans in the hope that I will be able to submit everything by Friday afternoon latest (UAE time, which is Friday morning Canada time)...

Can I submit EE profile without the TRF reference, or put an arbitrary one and change it asap few hours later in case I get the ITA?

Please advise... now I am very worried:(
If your results are already out then you can get your trf number from british council ielts website (sorry am not allowed to post links, perhaps coz I am a newbie here)

Just google "check results ielts british council". Fill up the required info and you will get your trf number along with the results. You may have to append 'G' to the trf number (if its not already there) for general training module.

Hope this helps.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's my concern... do we get a TRF number on the online preview?

ayekayman

Jan 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th November 2015
AOR Received.
10th November 2015
EFK said:
That's my concern... do we get a TRF number on the online preview?
Yes we do, just make sure you google the appropriate link as per the keywords I mentioned in my previous post. I got mine yesterday.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thankyou so much.. thats a major relief!!
When I called British Council just a few moments ago, they told me that the TRF number does not come on the online preview - it is only the results..

This is the link I have been given... I think its the same as yours:
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/checkresults.aspx

ayekayman

Jan 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th November 2015
AOR Received.
10th November 2015
EFK said:
When I called British Council just a few moments ago, they told me that the TRF number does not come on the online preview - it is only the results..

Oh is it? Dont mean to mislead you there. The IELTS Result I saw yesterday were of IDP IELTS and they show the TRF number in their results preview. Also, I read in this forum that you get the TRF number with british council results preview link too. But cant say that first hand. Apologies.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh ok - is there anyone who can help on this? If it is possible to get a screen shot of how the online preview of results will look? (I did it at British Council UAE)... so will there be a TRF reference online... and is this required to submit the EE profile? I really want to submit it on the same day... as I need to arrange for other things too.. will be very sad if there is a draw and I miss getting the reference by a few hours

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:

https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/checkresults.aspx
You get only the 4 bands on this link. You will have to wait for the TRF.

The TRF number typically consists of 16-18 characters in the following format having 5 distinct components and the General Training TRF ends with G after those 5 components.

1. Test year - this will be 15 for 2015.

2. Country code - alphabetical code 2 or 3 alphabets

3. Candidate number - 6 digits

4. Surname and First name combination - Typically first 3 letters of Family name/surname and first letter of first name.

5. Test centre number code - 3/4 digits

You can try risking this by guessing and inputting your TRF number but not worth the effort because you will have to change it post ITA and explain the change.

All the best!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
I agree with Asivad Anac. I got my results two Fridays ago (online preview) and had to wait for 10 days to get a physical copy to be able to input the TRF number in my EE profile. British Council does not display TRF online (sadly).

I completely understand your frustration. I was going through the same the past two Fridays.

Hang in there, you might make it on time...

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all.. Using the above guidelines and going through my past TRFs for a 2013 IETLS (expired in March), it matches perfectly...
I want to know: If it is right, then I do not have to change it post ITA, correct?
And if its incorrect, then I believe I can make an amendment? For exp if someone entered it incorrectly and realized too late, how would they amend it after ITA?
It's just more frustrating because its a matter of a couple of hours.. I bet I may not even get an email of ITA by the time the TRF can be collected, seeing past experiences...if it was days I would have been fine..

Ofcourse, for all we know, there will be no draw on the particular Friday and I would be fretting for no reason.. lol... btw, I'm talking about next Friday 14th... just... want to submit it and get ITA asap... I need to finish a lot of the paperwork before 1st week September due to personal things.. which is why I'm in a bit of a rush...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Thanks all.. Using the above guidelines and going through my past TRFs for a 2013 IETLS (expired in March), it matches perfectly...
I want to know: If it is right, then I do not have to change it post ITA, correct?
And if its incorrect, then I believe I can make an amendment? For exp if someone entered it incorrectly and realized too late, how would they amend it after ITA?
It's just more frustrating because its a matter of a couple of hours.. I bet I may not even get an email of ITA by the time the TRF can be collected, seeing past experiences...if it was days I would have been fine..

Ofcourse, for all we know, there will be no draw on the particular Friday and I would be fretting for no reason.. lol... btw, I'm talking about next Friday 14th... just... want to submit it and get ITA asap... I need to finish a lot of the paperwork before 1st week September due to personal things.. which is why I'm in a bit of a rush...
It is entirely possible but a risk nonetheless. Of course, you can change it later without inviting repercussions and by simply apologizing for a small 'oversight' at your end. Your call.

vsbarath

Feb 29, 2016
I found my TRF number online at <https>://results.ielts.org and it checked out to be correct when I received the hard-copy.

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Better to act earlier, since it takes one more day to register job bank and link it to your EE profile.