+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS on April 8th

srijan

Apr 10, 2017
sami5385@gmail.com said:
1) .....
2) 15th october
3) Value or Review (Extra instruction: We need to discuss about ..... of book)
4) .....
5) Software (software to scan something)
6) SLIDE
7) Summarise
8) too much Colour or font
9) our presentation will be FILMED
10) organisation

anything else?
I guess that's what I remember as well. For section 4 it should be 6 2 word answers let me think

Closed down
Gap (couldn't figure this out wrote narrow gauge)

Any other answers to cross check them..?

srijan

Apr 10, 2017
srijan said:
I guess that's what I remember as well. For section 4 it should be 6 2 word answers let me think

Closed down

Another one camel

srijan

Apr 10, 2017
in listening section 1, 7 th question you need to pay for was is internet? She says it's free but then she says need to pay for pay as you go plan?

X

xibalban

About the listening about Darwin Railways. The never never line was a "GAP", as someone said. Is that true? I checked about Never Never Line but the line never had a GAP, it was a complete line of around 900 kms.

Some of the recollections, in no order.
Section 1 - Mobile Tariff: 14 pounds, 0.8, contract, plan does not include rent for handset
Section 2 - Judith Garden: Got the idea from reading a book
Section 3 - Presentation: value, summarise, colours (plural), organisation, slide, filmed
Section 4 - Railways: closed down, camel, never never line is a "line" (not sure) of 900 kms

(I made well, maybe 5 errors, but surprisingly can't recollect the section ;D)

srijan

Apr 10, 2017
xibalban said:
About the listening about Darwin Railways. The never never line was a "GAP", as someone said. Is that true? I checked about Never Never Line but the line never had a GAP, it was a complete line of around 900 kms.

Some of the recollections, in no order.
Section 1 - Mobile Tariff: 14 pounds, 0.8, contract, plan does not include rent for handset
Section 2 - Judith Garden: Got the idea from reading a book
Section 3 - Presentation: value, summarise, colours (plural), organisation, slide, filmed
Section 4 - Railways: closed down, camel, never never line is a "line" (not sure) of 900 kms

(I made well, maybe 5 errors, but surprisingly can't recollect the section ;D)
I don't know to be honest I wrote narrow gauge but gap was better than my answer.

Anyone recollect you need to pay for what? I know line rental was free. Is it internet?

X

xibalban

srijan said:
I don't know to be honest I wrote narrow gauge but gap was better than my answer.

Anyone recollect you need to pay for what? I know line rental was free. Is it internet?
Yes, Internet is one of the answers, and I'm sure about it. I'm not sure about "rental does not include cost of 'handset'", but that seemed logical so I put that in. Alternatives could be 'mobile' or something.

dimdamfly

Mar 5, 2017
srijan said:

I wrote INTERNET

X

xibalban

Strange!! If I get 7.5 in listening i.e. more than 5 wrong, my score will dip below 400 to 380-390.

rajanuiet12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
srijan said:

Closed down

One of the answers was 'Read Aloud'

srijan

Apr 10, 2017
xibalban said:
Yes, Internet is one of the answers, and I'm sure about it. I'm not sure about "rental does not include cost of 'handset'", but that seemed logical so I put that in. Alternatives could be 'mobile' or something.
I'm sure I heard line rental is free. I wrote line for this one. Not sure I heard handset as such. I thought of writing line rental but when I read the whole sentence again it is not right. I guess the question was something like rental of something is free? So I wrote line alone.

dimdamfly

Mar 5, 2017
xibalban said:
Strange!! If I get 7.5 in listening i.e. more than 5 wrong, my score will dip below 400 to 380-390.
How is listening score tied up with main score ? I thought max points are 24 only.

X

xibalban

dimdamfly said:
How is listening score tied up with main score ? I thought max points are 24 only.
I used the CRS calculator here https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

0.5 less on listening (8 vs 7.5) really impacts, check it out for yourself.