+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS March 25th Results- Lets Discuss

tractorinio

Apr 5, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robinbharg said:
Its really disappointing to see 8 in 3 sections and 6.5 in writing. Really bad as it kicks you out of the league for 0.5 points
Did you pass the tests in one and the same town/center? If not I'd suggest to try in some other town. Writing and listening sections are very subjective and really depend on the examinator. The discrepancy is too big I'd say - having 8 8 8 and 6.5. For example, I know that there are some IELTS centers (which mostly involve the same examinators each time) which often gave the writing results way lower than the other ones. And those people who decided to pass the exam in another town got the points they wanted. So..

Just sharing some info I have, don't know is that applicable in your case :)

tractorinio

Apr 5, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tractorinio said:
Did you pass the tests in one and the same town/center? If not I'd suggest to try in some other town. Writing and listening sections are very subjective and really depend on the examinator. The discrepancy is too big I'd say - having 8 8 8 and 6.5. For example, I know that there are some IELTS centers (which mostly involve the same examinators each time) which often gave the writing results way lower than the other ones. And those people who decided to pass the exam in another town got the points they wanted. So..

Sorry, I meant writing and speaking are subjective (can't find the Edit button in this forum)

Psoum

Apr 7, 2017
So I'm not the only one to get a disappointing 6.5 in Writing .. -_-
As for the rest , Reading : 8.5 / Speaking : 8 / Listening : 7.5 Overall : 7.5 / C1
Is this enough for the express entry ?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Psoum said:
As for the rest , Reading : 8.5 / Speaking : 8 / Listening : 7.5 Overall : 7.5 / C1
you are eligible for EE but probably nor high enough to get an ITA soon

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
tractorinio said:

3 in 1 centre A, 1 in centre B and 1 in centre C. all in the same city

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
Psoum said:
Check your score through crs tool.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
For those of you who didn't manage to get the desired writing results, I'd recommend reading a whole lot of English newspapers.

Malukushal

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hello Optimists,

I'm new to this forum. I have been in EE pool for 10 months now. My CRS score is 406. I had to retake IELTS on March 25, 2017 and I have got CBL 9 now. My revised score is 468 now. I need to ask a few questions regarding ITA

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Malukushal said:
Hello Optimists,

I'm new to this forum. I have been in EE pool for 10 months now. My CRS score is 406. I had to retake IELTS on March 25, 2017 and I have got CBL 9 now. My revised score is 468 now. I need to ask a few questions regarding ITA
congrats. the increase in ielts is magical.

Sralf

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1st try: L8 R8 S7.5 W6
2nd try (Mar. 25th): L8.5 R7.5 S7.5 W7.5

My CRS bumps from 439 to 471, that's magical! I was fairly surprised by the writing score since I never thought I could even reach 7 while also a bit disappointed by Reading section since I thought is was the easiest one. Anyway, my point is to work hard on Ielts and don't give up hope, you will be amazed by the boost in CRS.

Malukushal

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Same here. Ist try L 7, R 7. 5 W 7. 5 S 8
I needed 8 in listening and thankfully got it in 2nd try!

Never give up. Keep trying!