London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Will fill in
LANDED..........
In dreams Oh Canada
Hello:

Can anyone tell me that Ielts is necessary for student visa of Canada? Is this a requirement of CHC Islamabad even I have my acceptance from University?

I have 5.5 overall and 6.0 in speaking will that be fine to get student visa for Masters degree?

Please guide me.

S

sting

IELTS is not required by CHC unless it is specified as a CONDITION in the acceptance letter (if it is a conditional offer letter)

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
nizamani9 said:
Hello:

Can anyone tell me that Ielts is necessary for student visa of Canada? Is this a requirement of CHC Islamabad even I have my acceptance from University?

I have 5.5 overall and 6.0 in speaking will that be fine to get student visa for Masters degree?

Please guide me.
You have to prove your English language skills .........and 5.5 overall is not a good score...........

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
absolutely NOT. its not mention in any CHC website that for going canada you should be must a well english speaker. If its must then why the option of ESl,EFl,and he other thing if IELTS is necessary in the eyes of CHC then why not they mention in the requirements many of universities in canada specialy quebec give admission without ielts.

rayani

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
IELTS is requirement imposed by college or university to evaluate applicant's English language skills.

If the college or university does not require it, then CHC does not ask for it.

However, keep in mind that English language learning courses in Pakistan are much cheaper than a 3 months ESL course in Canada and that can create doubt in Visa Officer's mind about your intentions to go to Canada as student.

Good luck with your endeavor to go to Canada for study.

H

HBK

Hi
to study in english speaking country you must demonstrate your english level proficiency.i had seen many rejected case indicating that your level of english proficiency is not upto level.so it is important to prove your english proficiency.if you had not attached any documents prooving your english level. V.O definately raise a question how the student is going to survive without english knowledge

qubec is the province province where one official language is french so one must demonstrate his proficiency in french language.so doesent concern with ielts if you knows french

language courses like ESL are desigened for non english speakers specially for chines japanies etc,

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
Abu Bakr said:
absolutely NOT. its not mention in any CHC website that for going canada you should be must a well english speaker. If its must then why the option of ESl,EFl,and he other thing if IELTS is necessary in the eyes of CHC then why not they mention in the requirements many of universities in canada specialy quebec give admission without ielts.
The chances of visa by ESL are very slim and secondly Universities in Quebec (Concordia + Mc Gill) where medium of instruction is English requires 6.5 + score in IELTS............

nizamani9

Feb 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Will fill in
LANDED..........
In dreams Oh Canada
momi said:
You have to prove your English language skills .........and 5.5 overall is not a good score...........
Well my english is good even these scores seem to very low because I appeared in AEO Ielts twice and both times I got 5.5 overall. AEO is in Pakistan to satisfy students who can't achieve 6.5 in British Council Ielts and that is my mistake that I didn't appeared in British Council Ielts because my friends told me that AEO is very good to achieve good band score, British Council is more sophisticated even my younger brother got 6.5 overall so why can't I?

My suggestion who will appear in Ielts its better to go for British Council Ielts rather to go for AEO.

I am at good at English anyone can talk with me.

Well someone told me that Ielts is necessary for Student visa of Canada if you are applying from Pakistan so I need you peoples suggestions.

nizamani9

Feb 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Will fill in
LANDED..........
In dreams Oh Canada
sting said:
IELTS is not required by CHC unless it is specified as a CONDITION in the acceptance letter (if it is a conditional offer letter)
Can you confirm this? means any authentic source or CHC website?

nizamani9

Feb 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Will fill in
LANDED..........
In dreams Oh Canada
momi said:
The chances of visa by ESL are very slim and secondly Universities in Quebec (Concordia + Mc Gill) where medium of instruction is English requires 6.5 + score in IELTS............
There are lots of Universities in Canada which offers admission without Ielts like University of Alberta, Memorial University, University of Saskatchewan and many more, if you got your 4 Years BS is in English and the language of instruction at the University is English.

My Simple Question is that Ielts is NECESSARY to obtain Student Visa if I got admission in Masters Program in Canada?

nizamani9

Feb 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Will fill in
LANDED..........
In dreams Oh Canada
Is there anyone who got student visa without Ielts and he got admission in Masters Program at Canadian University?

I am very confused that is Ielts is necessary when you apply for student visa?

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
nizamani9 said:
Well my english is good even these scores seem to very low because I appeared in AEO Ielts twice and both times I got 5.5 overall. AEO is in Pakistan to satisfy students who can't achieve 6.5 in British Council Ielts and that is my mistake that I didn't appeared in British Council Ielts because my friends told me that AEO is very good to achieve good band score, British Council is more sophisticated even my younger brother got 6.5 overall so why can't I?

My suggestion who will appear in Ielts its better to go for British Council Ielts rather to go for AEO.

I am at good at English anyone can talk with me.

Well someone told me that Ielts is necessary for Student visa of Canada if you are applying from Pakistan so I need you peoples suggestions.
Dear you are good in English you know it or the people living besides you know it but how can the Visa officer going to know that...He needs some proof in documented form........

nizamani9

Feb 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Will fill in
LANDED..........
In dreams Oh Canada
momi said:
Dear you are good in English you know it or the people living besides you know it but how can the Visa officer going to know that...He needs some proof in documented form........
Bro I have Certificate of English from my University which states that "the language of instruction at University is English, and + i am studying English from 6th grade.

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
nizamani9 said:
Bro I have Certificate of English from my University which states that "the language of instruction at University is English, and + i am studying English from 6th grade.
If your university is reputed one like lums or nust then the certificate can be use...