6 what’s to do to first use - plug it
7 local peak time - 2.5p
8 free talk per month - £4.5
9 what would you get reference - free credit
17 cover letter
18 documents
19 acknowledgement letter
20 gender
21 some packet (which has details about company)
22 training
25 bonus
26 examples
27 presentation
28 books belonged to ancestors - True
29 XYZ city was formed by merchants - Flase
30 X family was not ready to give the books - Not Given
31 chemicals were applied to books - False
32 population unchanged - False
33 Hamilton house - Odawa
34 helped setting up the library - the French company name
35 population of XYZ city - 4000
36 preserving books by making - copies
37 reason for formation of XYZ city - B
38 comparison with other city - D
39 goal is to protect the books - F/G third last para
40 condition of books - G/H second last para
I think Answer 6 was: plug it in

Last edited:

Eli31

Mar 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Here is the set of answers I have

1 cooking meals - A
2 stable - B
3 vegetarian meals - D
4 banquet - C
5 B
6 what’s to do to first use - plug it
7 local peak time - 2.5p
8 free talk per month - £4.5
9 what would you get reference - free credit
17 cover letter
18 documents
19 acknowledgement letter
20 gender
21 some packet (which has details about company)
22 training
25 bonus
26 examples
27 presentation
28 books belonged to ancestors - True
29 XYZ city was formed by merchants - Flase
30 X family was not ready to give the books - Not Given
31 chemicals were applied to books - False
32 population unchanged - False
33 Hamilton house - Odawa
34 helped setting up the library - the French company name
35 population of XYZ city - 4000
36 preserving books by making - copies
37 reason for formation of XYZ city - B
38 comparison with other city - D
39 goal is to protect the books - F/G third last para
40 condition of books - G/H second last para
What was the question for the anser 20 gender?I think i didnt write down gender

Reactions: Jimmy_McGill

yhan

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
I calculate my reading socre, and you definitely should write, i.e., "TURE" all capitalized. If you write "TRUE" as "T," "true," or "True," you will lose point. Trust me. I made this mistake this time, and you don't know how regretful I was.

QUOTE="abdullahishaq, post: 7248260, member: 736415"]Can you share with us how you got 9 in Reading? And how to write T or TRUE and any tips if possible

Would much appreciate

Thnx[/QUOTE]

kiranfaisal

Sep 9, 2018
I calculate my reading socre, and you definitely should write, i.e., "TURE" all capitalized. If you write "TRUE" as "T," "true," or "True," you will lose point. Trust me. I made this mistake this time, and you don't know how regretful I was.

QUOTE="abdullahishaq, post: 7248260, member: 736415"]Can you share with us how you got 9 in Reading? And how to write T or TRUE and any tips if possible

Would much appreciate

Thnx
[/QUOTE]

If I write True instead of TRUE then I will loose marks? Kindly confirm

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
If I write True instead of TRUE then I will loose marks? Kindly confirm[/QUOTE]

I don’t believe you will lose marks that way. There are no hard rules on the IELTS regarding capitalization except where appropriate for grammer purposes. I have read that you can even right your essays all caps if you think your handwriting is bad for the graders to understand.

Unfortunately if IELTS is crazy enough to mark ‘True’ as wrong and ‘TRUE’ as right, common sense, prep books or prep courses, or any of us can’t help with this question. The best answer should be what IELTS says they want to see. Did you consider writing to them?

abdullahishaq

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018

Would much appreciate

Thnx
[/QUOTE]

Before I thought it was the case but i have checked There is no problem in writing T, True,true

They dont mark it wrong as they are checking our competence

I got 6 in Reading this time also, and i wrote T , F NG like this so it is impossible to say that it is wrong coz i got 30 to 31 answers right out of 40 plus i had few more wrong answers this proves that there were around 10 to 12 True False questions in the test plus some other wrong

If they were to mark all true false wrong then i would not be gettinh a 6 in Reading

yhan

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
OK. Anyway, if the question requires you to write "TRUE, FALSE, NOT GIVEN," it wouldn't take you a long time to write them as all capitalized, right? Btw, I talked to a friend of mine who used to work in ESL in Auburn University, and she said if the question requires you to write, i.e., "TRUE," you'd better follow it.

That's the information I'd like to share.

Thanks

Before I thought it was the case but i have checked There is no problem in writing T, True,true

They dont mark it wrong as they are checking our competence

I got 6 in Reading this time also, and i wrote T , F NG like this so it is impossible to say that it is wrong coz i got 30 to 31 answers right out of 40 plus i had few more wrong answers this proves that there were around 10 to 12 True False questions in the test plus some other wrong

If they were to mark all true false wrong then i would not be gettinh a 6 in Reading[/QUOTE]

abdullahishaq

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Its always good to follow the instructions but even thou u write T its not wrong

Could be in some places not sure but in my case it was not wrong

Anyways next time i will write in capital and full to be safe

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
For me Listening 6 Speaking 6, writing 6,5 Reading 8 :confused::confused::( tired of ielts
Don’t be sad. I think you have given way too many times. Scoring 6 in Listening and speaking is really very low. I would recommend taking a break from IELTS and enrol into physical classes to improve the language. This exam, I found out, is not one to just force-through unless your language was already quite high and you have been just unlucky.

What I got: 8(L), 6(Reading, devastating), 8(W), 8(S). Cannot believe this time reading screwed me. Is it because I wrote "TRUE" as "True"? Should capitalize all of them? I checked the answer, and most of them were correct.
I always write True, False, Not Given, and this is my reading scores:

1st: 7
2nd: 6.5 (messed up another section)
3rd: 8
4th: 8.5
5th: 7.5
6th: 7

Your score is unbelievable in other sections. For writing what did you do to get 8?! I am stuck to 6 band. The first three tests, I scored 6, but the last three I got 6.5

Reactions: KaneddaSapna

yhan

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Yes. I am not bragging. I took IELTS test because I got a faculty offer from a Canadian University, and HR manager told me to take this test and she said it is better to get "8,7,7,7."

I have tried twice. For the first time, I failed at speaking. This time, I screwed the reading part. Last time I got 9 for reading. This time, because I messed up the time, so I filled all the answers in the sheet within 5 min and forgot to capitalize true, false...

Don’t be sad. I think you have given way too many times. Scoring 6 in Listening and speaking is really very low. I would recommend taking a break from IELTS and enrol into physical classes to improve the language. This exam, I found out, is not one to just force-through unless your language was already quite high and you have been just unlucky.

Your score is unbelievable in other sections. For writing what did you do to get 8?! I am stuck to 6 band. The first three tests, I scored 6, but the last three I got 6.5

yhan

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
I can share you some writing materials if you are interested in.