+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Academic or General for teachers and ielts validity

WDavies

Jun 7, 2016
My wife and I are considering Auz or Canada. She wrote general ielts in Aug 2015. We would still need to have our qualifications assessed which takes 4 weeks. I wrote ielts general in April this year. We both received scores of well over 7.

My questions are:

1). I read somewhere teachers emigrating to Canada need to write Academic ielts but general ielts fine for CIC purposes. Is this correct. Can she use her general ielts to apply for express entry? And then if we gain PR visas when she is apply to teachers council in Canada does she then need to write Academic ielts?

2) How old can ielts scores be when applying for Express Entry? She wrote IELTS 29 Aug 2015. If we send her qualification off for assessment it takes 4 to 6 weeks so will be done around mid July. Is IELTS only valid for a year before applying to Express Entry pool ie she must submit express entry on or before 29 Aug 2016 or is it definately valid for 2 years ie she can submit express entry application on or before 29 Aug 2017?

Thank you.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
1)You can take any of these approved language tests:
English

CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program

CELPIP has three different tests. You must take the “CELPIP-General 2014” test to support your immigration application.

IELTS: International English Language Testing System

IELTS has two options for the reading and writing tests: “General Training” and “Academic.” You must take the “General Training” option.

2)Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application for permanent residence.

If you have been invited to apply, check that your language test results will still be valid when you plan to apply for permanent residence. If you haven’t been invited, you may want to make sure your results are valid for the rest of the time you will be in the pool.

If your results will expire before you can apply, you should:

be tested again,
apply before your test results expire, or
decline the invitation and go back into the pool to be considered in the future.

If you apply for permanent residence with language test results that have expired, we will refuse your application.

All province have different requirements you can check here
http://www.ctf-fce.ca/en/Pages/TIC/CertificationRegulationsbyProvinceTerritory.aspx

WDavies

Jun 7, 2016
Thank you. So if we apply mid July with that be sufficient as I read express entry takes 6 months?

WDavies

Jun 7, 2016
Thanks. So if we submit into express entry pool mid July, we have 79 points, does it take approximately 6 months before we can apply for PR visas?

Also my wife has a 4 year Bachelor of Education degree recognised by Australia. Will she be required to study further if we are successful with our application? Or will there only be a year where she is supervised with her teaching? We are keen on Vancouver.

She does not really want to study further.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Your ITA(invitation to apply) will depend on your scores, you can check here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Last week draw was 483 points. So, whoever has 483 or more will get invitation to apply for PR. So if you can calculate your score and check how much do you guys get.

79 points I'm assuming are from FSW. So that's good you qualify, but you still need ITA to apply for PR.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

When your profile gets active and you get ITA, there goal is to process within 6 months or less but we've seen exceptions as well. One person got in 37 days and one in 8 months, so it varies.

All degrees except Canadian needs to be evaluated, you can check here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Studying further is a personal choice after PR, certainly not a requirement for PR. idk about your profession.

Once you are done checking links above, I'd recommend going through these
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html

Thank you ;)
Hope i helped :D

Yogitar

Jun 6, 2017
I am Assistant Professor (IT& Analytics Dept.) working in Mumbai based college.I did MTech(IT) ,MCA from Delhi,India .I have 8 years of experience in teaching Post graduate students.I am Planning to apply for Canadian PR..Wish to know do I need to go through IELTS General or Academics .What are the career opportunities for Indian Lecturers in Canada??Also I heard to teach in Canada some extra "teaching certification" is required..Please help .I am searching on net but totally confused..:(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am Assistant Professor (IT& Analytics Dept.) working in Mumbai based college.I did MTech(IT) ,MCA from Delhi,India .I have 8 years of experience in teaching Post graduate students.I am Planning to apply for Canadian PR..Wish to know do I need to go through IELTS General or Academics .What are the career opportunities for Indian Lecturers in Canada??Also I heard to teach in Canada some extra "teaching certification" is required..Please help .I am searching on net but totally confused..:(
Have you researched the PR process at all? The answer is very clear - only IELTS general is accepted.

University / college teaching positions tend to be difficult to get. Lots of competition.

Teaching at the primary and secondary school level requires certification. The certification process is different in each province.