+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC Timeline 2016

waikay

Apr 20, 2016
Hello everyone, I couldn't find a relevant thread on IEC working holiday for 2016, so I started one.
I was wondering how many of you have gotten the invitation to apply (ITA) and how long have you waited since then?

I got a job offer in mid-June, but I'm still waiting for my ITA. So, I'm getting worried.

wintermelon1

Apr 4, 2016
i applied in march, got ITA in April which was the major invite month, then uploaded documents by 18th and got work permit 2 days after, good luck!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
waikay said:
Hello everyone, I couldn't find a relevant thread on IEC working holiday for 2016, so I started one.
I was wondering how many of you have gotten the invitation to apply (ITA) and how long have you waited since then?

I got a job offer in mid-June, but I'm still waiting for my ITA. So, I'm getting worried.
given number countries in the IEC program all with different quotas might be useful to say which country. I have heard of people in pool since Dec 1 still with no ITA

waikay

Apr 20, 2016
wintermelon1 said:
i applied in march, got ITA in April which was the major invite month, then uploaded documents by 18th and got work permit 2 days after, good luck!
Wow, nice! Congrats on that. I hope mine will be as fast as well!

Bs65 said:
given number countries in the IEC program all with different quotas might be useful to say which country. I have heard of people in pool since Dec 1 still with no ITA
I'm from Singapore, so I'm using applying under SWAP.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
waikay said:
Wow, nice! Congrats on that. I hope mine will be as fast as well!
I'm from Singapore, so I'm using applying under SWAP.
Ah OK not the general IEC program that covers Europe/Australia/NZ then which this month April is in a mess with system problems and no ITas being issued until they fix the CIC IEC site for those countries.

waikay

Apr 20, 2016
Looks like everyone is affected at the same time. The numbers of invitations issued to date hasn't changed since last week. They said they just fixed the technical errors, crossing my fingers now!

Mittymized

Apr 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am a German citizen and have an open work permit because my spouse a foreign skilled worker in NOC category B. So our visas are tied together and are running out in August. We are in the Express Entry Pool for PR but are worried we won't get it before our visas are expiring. I have a full time job offer from a Canadian employee in NOC category B and would like to apply for IEC so that at least I could keep working and earn income while we are waiting for our PR to be moved forward.
When calling CIC about this option, I was told that I cannot get a visa on my own since I haven a spousal open work permit. When I just went through the Come to Canada wizard it said I am eligible to apply. I am so confused. Can anyone help?

waikay

Apr 20, 2016
Mittymized said:
Hi everyone,

I am a German citizen and have an open work permit because my spouse a foreign skilled worker in NOC category B. So our visas are tied together and are running out in August. We are in the Express Entry Pool for PR but are worried we won't get it before our visas are expiring. I have a full time job offer from a Canadian employee in NOC category B and would like to apply for IEC so that at least I could keep working and earn income while we are waiting for our PR to be moved forward.
When calling CIC about this option, I was told that I cannot get a visa on my own since I haven a spousal open work permit. When I just went through the Come to Canada wizard it said I am eligible to apply. I am so confused. Can anyone help?

I would clarify by contacting CIC again. They would have a better idea. Hope it works out for you!

On a side note, has anyone else got any news from IEC? I got invited to the pool awhile back! Anyone care to share how long would it take till receiving POE. I really hope it's not 8 weeks stated on the website.

waikay

Apr 20, 2016
Hey guys, unfortunately, I've been requested for FBI Clearance. Does anyone have experience with that?

I called FBI and there's no way they will expedite anything, and it states 13-15 weeks on the website. That is way longer than cic's deadline. I've seen people on the forum sending the receipt of the FBI mail, and asking for an extension of the deadline, some even got approved from that. I'm getting dishearten as my internship would be over by then, anyone have advice?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
waikay said:
Hey guys, unfortunately, I've been requested for FBI Clearance. Does anyone have experience with that?

I called FBI and there's no way they will expedite anything, and it states 13-15 weeks on the website. That is way longer than cic's deadline. I've seen people on the forum sending the receipt of the FBI mail, and asking for an extension of the deadline, some even got approved from that. I'm getting dishearten as my internship would be over by then, anyone have advice?
Follow what it tells youi to do on the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/apply.asp

If you are not able to get a police certificate before the deadline to submit your application, you may upload:

a copy of the receipt proving you have requested one, or
a screenshot of the confirmation page or email you received when ordered your police certificate online.

So you combine all the certificates plus the proof as above into a single file then upload in the police certificate section. Plus would recommend upload a letter of explanation for the FBI check as CIC expect that to take a long time whether they put your application hold until the check comes through have no idea but at least as far as I know you meet the deadline to apply .

waikay

Apr 20, 2016
Bs65 said:
Follow what it tells youi to do on the CIC website

If you are not able to get a police certificate before the deadline to submit your application, you may upload:

a copy of the receipt proving you have requested one, or
a screenshot of the confirmation page or email you received when ordered your police certificate online.

So you combine all the certificates plus the proof as above into a single file then upload in the police certificate section. Plus would recommend upload a letter of explanation for the FBI check as CIC expect that to take a long time whether they put your application hold until the check comes through have no idea but at least as far as I know you meet the deadline to apply .
Yeah, I've just applied for the FBI Clearance, and it's estimated to be processed in 13-15 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with the FBI clearance, as it takes a really long time. I've seen on the forum that the FBI stopped expediting for people even though the deadline was written on the right bottom corner of the envelope. Just keeping my fingers crossed!

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
2173 Software engineers and designers
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/2016 (Not exact for security)
LANDED..........
07/2016 (Not exact for security)
I have just submitted my IEC application, and at the last minute I noticed the police certificate was 6 months and 27 days old.
So I asked my consultant for advice and he said to:
- Submit the old certificate
- And write a Letter of Explanation to say I am requesting a new police check/certificate and I should include screenshots of the payment and order confirmation.

So I presume the same will apply for you without part about submitting the old one, especially if it apparently also states you can do that on the CIC website.