+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

T.O.

Jul 10, 2014
Hi there,

just got my POE Intoduction Letter yesterday. Second Work Permit will be issued :D

But now my problem: My passport is about to expire in June next year and I'm afraid that I won't get issued the Work Permit for an entire year. My question: Can I just get a new passport and show the Border Officer my new and old passport upon arrival in Canada?? Or does this may cause any problems? Please help me!!!

Cheers

AliceHendo

Aug 11, 2014
Hi,

I am Australian, my currently IEC visa is due to expire in October. I am in the process of applying for my next 2 year visa.

As I've been living in BC for over 6 months I am currently covered for Health Insurance under the BC Medical Services Plan and pay a monthly insurance.
When I got to the border to get my next visa can I show my MSP card as proof of insurance or do I need to buy a new set of travel insurance? If so, how long should I get the cover for?

Thank you!

AliceHendo

Aug 11, 2014
Sorry, one more question...

I applied for the IEC Working Holiday program for Australians through my Kompass account then after paying my fee and uploading my docs I realised I made a mistake on my form. I read on a forum mistakes can slow down your processing so I thought it best to withdraw and resubmit.

I requested to withdraw my application through Kompass however 4 days later have not received a confirmation of withdrawal. I have however received my conditional acceptance letter and it says in my account the final status is approved - guess they have not processed the withdrawal yet and I moved through the system as normal.

I've tried to message them several times explaining the situation and have now asked to cancel the withdrawal as I can amend the error in the next stage through CIC. Should I continue on through the CIC with the letter Kompass have sent me?

I'm worried that Kompass may not reply re: my withdrawal for weeks and I've only got a week to get my application in (my current visa expires in 9 weeks). Do you recommend I include a letter in my CIC application explaining what happened in case Kompass do eventually process the withdrawal?

Thank you,
Alice

AliceHendo

Aug 11, 2014
Last one! As I've been living in Canada for 2 years, do I also need a police check for here as well as Australia?

Can I scan and upload a PDF of my police check?

Thanks a million - this forum has been a life saver! :)

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
AliceHendo said:
Sorry, one more question...

I applied for the IEC Working Holiday program for Australians through my Kompass account then after paying my fee and uploading my docs I realised I made a mistake on my form. I read on a forum mistakes can slow down your processing so I thought it best to withdraw and resubmit.

I requested to withdraw my application through Kompass however 4 days later have not received a confirmation of withdrawal. I have however received my conditional acceptance letter and it says in my account the final status is approved - guess they have not processed the withdrawal yet and I moved through the system as normal.

I've tried to message them several times explaining the situation and have now asked to cancel the withdrawal as I can amend the error in the next stage through CIC. Should I continue on through the CIC with the letter Kompass have sent me?

I'm worried that Kompass may not reply re: my withdrawal for weeks and I've only got a week to get my application in (my current visa expires in 9 weeks). Do you recommend I include a letter in my CIC application explaining what happened in case Kompass do eventually process the withdrawal?

Thank you,
Alice
Alice, if you happen to hear back from Kompass, please post a response. I too submitted an application back on July 31 and withdrew it the same day. I have yet to hear back from Kompass after 2 weeks and no replies to my follow-up email. My account is still locked so I cannot make changes. That is one answer they don't put in their FAQs. They suggest you withdraw it, but they don't bother to tell you they will get around to it in several weeks. In the mean time, I may be losing out on other spots because of the delay. Ugh!

:mad:

AliceHendo

Aug 11, 2014
Onemoretime said:
Alice, if you happen to hear back from Kompass, please post a response. I too submitted an application back on July 31 and withdrew it the same day. I have yet to hear back from Kompass after 2 weeks and no replies to my follow-up email. My account is still locked so I cannot make changes. That is one answer they don't put in their FAQs. They suggest you withdraw it, but they don't bother to tell you they will get around to it in several weeks. In the mean time, I may be losing out on other spots because of the delay. Ugh!

:mad:
Hi,

I Finally got a reply from Kompass today after sending them a message yesterday with the subject line URGENT...

If anyone is having a problems contacting them, give that a shot, I got a reply the next day, compared to my other messages that went unanswered.

Best of luck!

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
AliceHendo said:
Hi,

I Finally got a reply from Kompass today after sending them a message yesterday with the subject line URGENT...

If anyone is having a problems contacting them, give that a shot, I got a reply the next day, compared to my other messages that went unanswered.

Best of luck!
Thanks, I just gave that a try. Frustrating how long this takes and how they put your opportunity at risk. It shouldn't be that hard to simply reject the application and allow it to be withdrawn.

MickeyS

Aug 19, 2014
Hi

I'm Australian and currently applying for my third visa under the IEC program.

My current visa expires in 12 weeks, so I just created my Kompass account and submitted my application. I received a response straight away stating that - my application has been received after the quota has been met and I have been put on the waiting list.

When I look at the IEC site for Australian citizens it states that there is still 2,400 applications remaining until the quota is met (updated only 4 days ago on the 15th Aug), and when I look at the quota FAQ it says that there is no quota for Australian applicants in 2014. So there is some real inconsistent information on the official IEC website.

Have any other Australian applicants been put on the waiting list?

AliceHendo

Aug 11, 2014
Hi,

I applied 2 weeks ago and got a letter in a couple days. I'd suggest messaging them with URGENT in your subject line, it might help get a reply quicker.

All the best!
Alice

chatters24

Aug 10, 2014
MickeyS said:
Hi

I'm Australian and currently applying for my third visa under the IEC program.

My current visa expires in 12 weeks, so I just created my Kompass account and submitted my application. I received a response straight away stating that - my application has been received after the quota has been met and I have been put on the waiting list.

When I look at the IEC site for Australian citizens it states that there is still 2,400 applications remaining until the quota is met (updated only 4 days ago on the 15th Aug), and when I look at the quota FAQ it says that there is no quota for Australian applicants in 2014. So there is some real inconsistent information on the official IEC website.

Have any other Australian applicants been put on the waiting list?
I have just applied now as well and received the same response. I am in exactly the same position in that my current visa expires in 12 weeks. Does anyone know what is happening with this?

chatters24

Aug 10, 2014
chatters24 said:
I have just applied now as well and received the same response. I am in exactly the same position in that my current visa expires in 12 weeks. Does anyone know what is happening with this?
Actually I just counted and my application doesn't expire for 13 weeks, I just did it at 3 months however there is one extra week. Maybe that is why I have been placed on the waiting list? And maybe that is the same for the above user as well.

ejt48

Aug 25, 2014
Hi,
My conditional acceptance letter, due to unforeseen circumstances, expired before i was able to apply to the CIC. I understand that I am able to re-apply, but do I do so through my existing Kompass account or do I need to create a new one? Any advice greatly apprreciated!
Thanks,
Ed

nbrad

Sep 1, 2014
Hi there,

Hoping I can get help from someone on here quicker than the emails from CIC.
I received my conditional acceptance letter a few days ago, but instead of giving my 3 months to apply I only have 3 weeks. As toby mentioned before it takes that long to get a police check sorted, so is there any way I can apply on myCIC without the police check then send it to them later?

Thanks in advance

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
AliceHendo said:
Hi,

I am Australian, my currently IEC visa is due to expire in October. I am in the process of applying for my next 2 year visa.

As I've been living in BC for over 6 months I am currently covered for Health Insurance under the BC Medical Services Plan and pay a monthly insurance.
When I got to the border to get my next visa can I show my MSP card as proof of insurance or do I need to buy a new set of travel insurance? If so, how long should I get the cover for?

Thank you!
Probably late but you can't use MSP as proof of insurance as it doesn't cover repatriation costs if something goes wrong.

You'll need travel insurance for however long you want it.