+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT work permit to PR

DanYash

Oct 3, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I’m a newbie in the Canada PR process. Recently I was able to move to the Canada via ICT process and in that process, I was not required to do a LIMA assessment. Now I’m looking at options to convert my ICT work permit to PR.

So, I noticed the Canadian Experience class program that allows me to apply for PR. When I checked the CRS tool there is a question like “ Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment ?

My question is, Can I use my current job offer for the same?

Appreciate expert ideas.

Regards
Dan

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I’m a newbie in the Canada PR process. Recently I was able to move to the Canada via ICT process and in that process, I was not required to do a LIMA assessment. Now I’m looking at options to convert my ICT work permit to PR.

So, I noticed the Canadian Experience class program that allows me to apply for PR. When I checked the CRS tool there is a question like “ Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment ?

My question is, Can I use my current job offer for the same?

Appreciate expert ideas.

Regards
Dan
No such thing as converting to PR. You apply to EE or through PNP programs. If you are on an ICT permit/LMIA exempt you cannot claim the 50 points until you have one year of Canadian experience. You are not eligible for CEC until you have one year of Canadian experience. Then you need a new job offer with guarantee of a job for one year after your receive PR. Assume you have ECAs and IELTS completed.

DanYash

Oct 3, 2022
Thanks for the response, Just to clarify, once I complete the 1st year in my current company, if the same company can offer me another year, then I'm eligible for 50 points.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

ani.lk

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2022
AOR Received.
30-09-2022
Thanks for the response, Just to clarify, once I complete the 1st year in my current company, if the same company can offer me another year, then I'm eligible for 50 points.
Extending or renewing your current ICT work permit don't get you additional 50 points in the EE system. Your employer has to formally provide a job offer that they continue to employ you for at least one year after getting the PR.

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They need to give you a letter that states they will continue to employ you for a year after you become a PR.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Just wait for one year and get extension to your job offer and you can claim points for experience in Canada plus job offer points. I did it as well and got my PR in Jan 2021

yes your job offer is LMIA exempt and you will need to include that number on work permit on cic application.