+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I would like to share my pr journey with all of u

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Finally i became Permanent resident. Although, it was a smooth process, it was the most stressful process in my life. I finaly landed at peace arch border last weekend. I wanna thank all of u for ur help and wish the best for all of u. I would like to share my journey with all of u.

First i applied for the regular BCPNP in January 2015. Before mailing my application to BCPNP office by an hour i noticed that they just introduced the express entry bcpnp stream. First i was sooo afraid to switch, therefore i just submitted my application via the regular route ( takes now 16 months) . After submitting my application for BCPNP i decided to give a try for the express entry bcpnp ( specially after seeing some members getting the EE BCPNP in just a week or two. I was so motivated and at the same time worried. I took Celpip exam and i got the result in 2 weeks.the results were good to create an EE profile. I did creat the profile and informed bcpnp office that i wanna switch my application from the regular route into the EE route.. after that by 6 days BC announced that they are no longer accepting regular application ( they announced that they are accepting ONLY EE application). I started feeling that i did a mistake by switching because the regular route is closed and now my hope will be only with EE BCPNP application ( i thought that EE route is very tricky). At that time i started to gather all my documents. I faced like most of u an extreme difficulty to get the work experience letter. It took me a bout two months to get a letter from one workplace and many fights and lots of stress to get it.

After 2 months i got my nomination on my EE profile. after that i got invitation to apply. I spent about 3 weeks translating and scanning and reviewing my documents. I did not use any representative ( i felt that no one will focus on my application more than me). After that i submitted my application in July. I included celpip and schedule 4 and LOE to explain some points in my application.

after a month from submitting my application, i got RCMP request and schedule A request. I submitted them in a week.

Actually i was checking my MYCIC and ECAS more than 10 times a day ( untill i knew when exactly ECAS updates daily ).

During this waiting. My school registrar office informed me that i have a hold on my registration because my study permits expires in 2 months and that i should fix this problem to be able to continue registering in school. Thank GOD i got DM in ECAS at that time. And after a week i gor ppr

After getting my passport back ( it took 2 weeks) i flagpoled at peace arch border. That day was in last weekend. I took the ferry ( the only available time was at 9 pm ) . I arreived at peace arch border at 1 am ( i donot have US visa). I was the only one who was in the office . The officer was very very nice and actually he didnot ask me about any extra documents. He just took the passport and confirmation of pr and he actually makes me feel comfortable. And then explained to me what pr means and some rules.after that he asked me if i have any question and then he gave me Canada flag and said congratulations and welcome to Canada.

Although i was so tired but actually this moment was the best moment in my life i hope u all get what u hope.

sorry i wrote a long post .i just wanted to share my experience with all of u because i feel that all of u were a significant factor for me to be pr here in canada.

Here is my timeline:
ITA: 12 June 2015
AOR: 7 July 2015
Medical passed: 17 July 2015
ECAS Application received: 20 July 2015
Background check in process: 8 August 2015
RCMP request: 9 August 2015
ECAS in process: 8 August
Schedule A request: 10 August 2015
ECAS DM : 17 September 2015
PPR: 25 September 2015
PP sent: 26 september 2015
PP cic received: 30 september 2015
PP back:9 October 2015
landed: 10 October 2015

Some advices. I hope that it helps u

1. U donot need an immigration lawyer to apply and prepare ur documents specially if u read this forum regularly ( i got a great help from this forum ). The point for me is not only that the lawyer will cost me alot but actually i can not trust anyone to have the control when it come to my pr application.

2. Before submitting ur application make sure that there is no missing information ( some members found their information disappeared)

3. If u donot want or will not get points for ur spouse education or work experience, it is better not to include it in the profile..just add it in the personal history only..

3. Review ur application at least 3 times before submitting it. And i would be great if someone else like spouse or close friend check it for u for one more time..

4. Try to check every translated document and make sure that there is no error in the translation ( i had this issue and i had to translate the document again and submitted by CSE. Actualy Asivad advised me on the forum to do that and it worked. I am actually so thankful for u Asivad and everyone who helped me and also everyone who posted in this forum. Ur post were the best help)

5. Check the spelling of ur name on all documents and the date of birth.

6. U donot have to submit all pages (i.e. including the blank) of ur passport

7. Follow cic website instruction for getting the police certificates

8. The type of the medical exam does not matter.the exams u did are the key.. but for my understanding is that we all are under NON EDE because we all r not applying under family stream. I know that some members have EDE type and passed the medical, i just say my opinion and what makes sense for me.

9. Try to add LOE to explain anything unclear in ur application.

10. Scanned documents donot have to have perfect quality but only clear and readable

11. Max document size to upload is 4 MB

12. ECAS is updated daily at 1 am Ottawa time. So u donot have to check it all day long. Just check it after 1 am Ottawa time ☺☺

Good luck for all of u. I wish u all the best and sorry for the long post ☺

hope the best for all of u ☺

BCworker

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good job. best of luck for your future brother. your 12th point will save my time for everyday. Thanks

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats buddy.. I can confirm no 12 also.. My medical on the Ecas was 2am and also one of my address changed and disappeared on Ecas 2 nights ago that was also around 1-2 am :)

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Thank you so much for ur comments. Actually it took from me a month to get the exact time in which ecas changes. I even one time checked my ecas at 1 am sharp and it was ecas in process i just refresh the page and it changed into DM ( at 1.01 am Ottawa time )

Good luck and i hope that u get great news very soon ☺

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Thanks for sharing chantall111 and best of luck! :)

JonesM

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I noticed most members here tend to leave the forum after PPR. I hope you have the heart to stay or every once in a while to be a blessing to many.

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
JonesM said:
I noticed most members here tend to leave the forum after PPR. I hope you have the heart to stay or every once in a while to be a blessing to many.
Without asking, for sure i will be here. I am very interested to be on the forum. All of U helped me alot during my application and i will be more than happy to be active on the forum.

sgemini

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the detailed post :)

Btw, how do we come to know if any of the information we submitted has been lost. Currently I am in process of uploading documents.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Congrats! Enjoy the reward of diligence and hard work

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
sgemini said:
thanks for the detailed post :)

Btw, how do we come to know if any of the information we submitted has been lost. Currently I am in process of uploading documents.
I just mean that before u click on submit button have a look on ur information ( the information that u filled like ur experience ur personal history ur contact information ur education). I say that because when u submit ur application, the system automatically calculate ur new score by using the information u filled after getting ITA. The officer first check if ur new score is equal or higher than the cutoff point of that draw.if so then u r good but if ur new score is less than the cutoff point then ur app will be rejected. if u missed some info in ur application, it might affect ur points.. there was a member on the forum got rejected because his application didnot have his english test reference number..actually he put it on the profile but when he received an ITA, the reference number wasnot on his application ( system glitch) and unfortunately he got rejected..

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
One_Topsy said:
Congrats! Enjoy the reward of diligence and hard work
Thank you so much One_Topsy. I hope for u the best. I felt much relief after i got it. Just do ur best and give it sometime because it deserves.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing your PR experience, it was great history.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
Thank u for sharing ur experinc ... infact with all details ...☺☺☺...

And i believe u whr invited under pnp .. right ?? The work experince letter u had trouble getting .. was it from ur current bc employer ... ??

Coz i am confused here .. i qualify under fsw and cec and last week i got my nomination too.So trying to guess wht category i wud b invited ?? Coz if its fsw ... no way i can obtain experincr letter with job n duties explained from my ex employee in uae.