+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I will attend ceremony,but cannot get my ceremony invitation letter...

Shirley_vic

Jan 10, 2013
I know I could take the oath on Feb.1,and the mail should be sent to my friend's address.However my friend is in America now and she asked canada post hold her letters until Feb.5. What should i do? can I go to cic Vancouver office and ask them print another copy for me?

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you could try calling them, get your address changed and ask them to send another letter (perhaps they can email it to you if you included an email address on your application)

Shirley_vic

Jan 10, 2013
just_do_it said:
you could try calling them, get your address changed and ask them to send another letter (perhaps they can email it to you if you included an email address on your application)
Can I go to local office directly and ask them give me a copy of the notice?

saphi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Here are the documents you should take with you at the ceremony...PR card,Record of landing paper, two form of identification which can be health card and drivers license, they also ask for passports expired and present.. however i,m not sure how it gonna work for you because they also ask for the letter of invitation and the consent form that was send also with the invitation letter... because there is a number on the invitation letter that you will be seated according to that number ,and you have too sign the consent form ,to give the media permission to take pictures of you.. I wish you best of luck

just a suggestion why dont you print out the invitation from your e-case and take it with you..once again best of luck :)

Shirley_vic

Jan 10, 2013
saphi said:
Here are the documents you should take with you at the ceremony...PR card,Record of landing paper, two form of identification which can be health card and drivers license, they also ask for passports expired and present.. however i,m not sure how it gonna work for you because they also ask for the letter of invitation and the consent form that was send also with the invitation letter... because there is a number on the invitation letter that you will be seated according to that number ,and you have too sign the consent form ,to give the media permission to take pictures of you.. I wish you best of luck

just a suggestion why dont you print out the invitation from your e-case and take it with you..once again best of luck :)
Thank you Saphi.I will bring these documents you mentioned with me on that day.
You mentioned about printing. You mean I should print out the words I got from status checking?like "We sent you a notice on January 16, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 1, 2013 at 8:15 AM....." This is the only page I could show the invitation.

Shirley_vic

Jan 10, 2013
I took the oath today,and no invitation letter is really not a problem.I told the staff there that I didnot get the letter,they said don't worry and then one of the staff took away my PR card to see if I am on the list,and later she gave me the consent form to sign.
previously I missed first time test and attended the ceremony without invitation letter.so far I am lucky..
Hope my experience is helpful..

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shirley_vic said:
I took the oath today,and no invitation letter is really not a problem.I told the staff there that I didnot get the letter,they said don't worry and then one of the staff took away my PR card to see if I am on the list,and later she gave me the consent form to sign.
previously I missed first time test and attended the ceremony without invitation letter.so far I am lucky..
Hope my experience is helpful..
Congratulations!! please post your timeline...