+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I unfortunately join the "150+ Days of IP Club."

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
You forgot to mention: disease carriers as you said a few months ago.

Indeed, “Stupidity has a knack of getting its way."
Exactement, Madame. But in your case it can be undone, electorally. To undo my "stupidity," one'd have to take the task in hand of rewriting nothing less than chunky sections of the history of medical science, of public health, and of epidemiology. Bon chance avec ca.

Last edited:

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Happily, I'm joining the "150+ Club" today.

As a legal immigrant with PR, and as a taxpayer with a job, with a clean criminal record, and also owning my own home here in Canada, I'm totally happy with my citizenship application being delayed for many months, so that tens of thousands of irregular entrant border-crossers from a fellow Five Eyes country can have their open work permits and healthcare cards and welfare benefits processed within a matter of weeks. They're clearly Darwinianly superior to myself, so good luck to them all.
But the illegal refugees !!! Think about the children !!! ; )

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Of course speeding is illegal and almost every driver does it. And you know why nobody calls speeding drivers "illegals" while those border crossers do get called that name sometimes? Because some people consider illegal border crossing more serious than speeding! You and many other people may not agree with this, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Except we don't call murderers illegals and we don't call tax evaders illegals. Only refugees who are unworthy of being allowed to be here get called illegals - it is rooted in racism and it denigrates people to be lower and less deserving.

Reactions: Ottawan

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Except we don't call murderers illegals and we don't call tax evaders illegals. Only refugees who are unworthy of being allowed to be here get called illegals - it is rooted in racism and it denigrates people to be lower and less deserving.
No, they are called illegals because they try to cross over illegally - if I were to enter Canada without a valid passport and visa or PR card I would be turned back by CBSA for trying to enter without proper legal document , i.e. attempting to enter illegally- Nobody is less worthy and less deserving than anybody else , and nobody should be above the laws and rules either - and there are clearly defined rules to follow for everything, including refugee claims

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
No, they are called illegals because they try to cross over illegally - if I were to enter Canada without a valid passport and visa or PR card I would be turned back by CBSA for trying to enter without proper legal document , i.e. attempting to enter illegally- Nobody is less worthy and less deserving than anybody else , and nobody should be above the laws and rules either - and there are clearly defined rules to follow for everything, including refugee claims
It is unfortunate that some people thinks all refugees (fake, illegal, or otherwise) should be exempt from following the laws. Laws and rules should not apply to them, regardless if they are fake or bona bide refugee. Real refugees will take the legal route since they would carry as many documents to prove their story. Fake refugees throw away their identities, phones, anything to hide the fact that they DO NOT have any claims to refugee status. They know there is a long wait list to get a hearing and they know they will get a gold plate treatment until the hearing that will likely determined that they were fake. Up to 2 years of benefits they are not entitled to wasted on them instead of real refugees.

There are a number of people on here are quite like NDP Norwath jumping in and accusing MPP Minister Tibollo of being racist because he said he wore a bullet proof vest during his visit of Jane/Finch area. According to them, anyone who calls out a refugee for entering Canada illegally must be racist and bigot, ignoring the fact that we all support refugees, only we want it done the legal way.

Last edited:

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
It is unfortunate that some people thinks all refugees (fake, illegal, or otherwise) should be exempt from following the laws. Laws and rules should not apply to them, regardless if they are fake or bona bide refugee. Real refugees will take the legal route since they would carry as many documents to prove their story. Fake refugees throw away their identities, phones, anything to hide the fact that they DO NOT have any claims to refugee status. They know there is a long wait list to get a hearing and they know they will get a gold plate treatment until the hearing that will likely determined that they were fake. Up to 2 years of benefits they are not entitled to wasted on them instead of real refugees.

There are a number of people on here are quite like NDP Norwath jumping in and accusing MPP Minister Tibollo of being racist because he said he wore a bullet proof vest during his visit of Jane/Finch area. According to them, anyone who calls out a refugee for entering Canada illegally must be racist and bigot, ignoring the fact that we all support refugees, only we want it done the legal way.
Literally not one person on this thread has stated that refugees should be exempt from following laws- on the contrary, everybody is in agreement that people who falsely claiming refugee status and are not entitled to it should be prosecuted for breaking the law.

Suggest not putting words in people's mouths and making up facts.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
No. If that were true then why wouldn't you call other people breaking the law illegals?

Of course nobody is less worthy and deserving - that is EXACTLY the point.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
No. If that were true then why wouldn't you call other people breaking the law illegals?

Of course nobody is less worthy and deserving - that is EXACTLY the point.
It’s a terminology that’s been used and understood by many people and if you want get politically correct of course you can make up a new name for it? Or Maybe just call them criminals? Then wouldn’t you get even more frustrated? it’s common to call other people who break the law criminals, why don’t we just call those illegally crossing border criminals? I can only imagine what kind of name calling would be coming from you if that’s used lol

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
It’s a terminology that’s been used and understood by many people and if you want get politically correct of course you can make up a new name for it? Or Maybe just call them criminals? Then wouldn’t you get even more frustrated? it’s common to call other people who break the law criminals, why don’t we just call those illegally crossing border criminals? I can only imagine what kind of name calling would be coming from you if that’s used lol
My point was that there is a reason people use the term illegal for one group of people breaking the law but not for every other - but instead of answering, you ask another question and deflect by claiming politically correctness and then make it personal - doesn't really make for constructive conversation.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
My point was that there is a reason people use the term illegal for one group of people breaking the law but not for every other - but instead of answering, you ask another question and deflect by claiming politically correctness and then make it personal - doesn't really make for constructive conversation.
Your point is sticking to the terminology rather than the core nature of the action, and you are the one who first made it personal by calling others racist for using the word 'illegal', without even knowing any of those people, and how on earth you are so sure the 'reason' of people using 'illegal'? tons of them just picked up from the previous post and used the same for convenience, like anybody on an internet forum would do, similarly, people have been calling 'Indians' until it was changed to 'native American' and 'aboriginals' in recent decades - I am actually done having this conversation with you, so, have a good day! But no matter how you spin it, it's still illegal, sorry for the truth

Slavo

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2018.
  4. 190+days ip

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Your point is sticking to the terminology rather than the core nature of the action,
Not sure I understand what that even means.

and you are the one who first made it personal by calling others racist for using the word 'illegal', without even knowing any of those people, and how on earth you are so sure the 'reason' of people using 'illegal'? tons of them just picked up from the previous post and used the same for convenience, like anybody on an internet forum would do, similarly, people have been calling 'Indians' until it was changed to 'native American' and 'aboriginals' in recent decades -
So using the term Indian is okay to use just because everybody else uses it? Sounds like an interesting way to avoid calling out anything.

I am actually done having this conversation with you, so, have a good day! But no matter how you spin it, it's still illegal, sorry for the truth
Um ok, I'm sorry you were so offended that not everybody on this forum agrees with you. Kind of reminds me when kids decide that they don't want to listen to anything they don't agree with and just yell and put their hands on their ears.

Either way, not sure if the internet is going to work for you.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
We call murderers criminals. Tax evaders and speeders also get jail time if deemed serious enough. What do you want people to call illegal border crossers? Like undocumented immigrants? That'll make you happy, right?

I just don't get how the word "illegal" can be connected to racism, bigotry, etc. It's an objective, neutral word. It doesn't have anything to do with skin color, religion, or nationality etc. at all. Unless Canada choose to have an open border policy, illegal crossing of our border is illegal. I mean if I make an illegal chess move and my opponent calls me on that, I can't claim bigotry, can I???

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
We call murderers criminals. Tax evaders and speeders also get jail time if deemed serious enough. What do you want people to call illegal border crossers? Like undocumented immigrants? That'll make you happy, right?

I just don't get how the word "illegal" can be connected to racism, bigotry, etc. It's an objective, neutral word. It doesn't have anything to do with skin color, religion, or nationality etc. at all. Unless Canada choose to have an open border policy, illegal crossing of our border is illegal. I mean if I make an illegal chess move and my opponent calls me on that, I can't claim bigotry, can I???
Don’t waste your time, you will just invite more irritating nonsense from that guy, I gave up already lol
From now on just don’t call that illegal, think of a different one that would sound good, for example, stealing should be called “unauthorized withdrawal “, murder should be called “life removal procedure “, human smuggling should be called “low budget transit”, if you call them anything else you are racist and bigot

Last edited:

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Happily, I'm joining the "150+ Club" today.

As a legal immigrant with PR, and as a taxpayer with a job, with a clean criminal record, and also owning my own home here in Canada, I'm totally happy with my citizenship application being delayed for many months, so that tens of thousands of irregular entrant border-crossers from a fellow Five Eyes country can have their open work permits and healthcare cards and welfare benefits processed within a matter of weeks. They're clearly Darwinianly superior to myself, so good luck to them all.
Not sure you are aware of this information which is sourced from a CBC article and quoting the minister

"Asylum seekers are processed in a separate queue at the IRB and all the other regular immigration programs are processed by IRCC
Our delay is due to the additional load that resulted from C-6 not because of refugees. I'm also frustrated by non genuine asylum seekers who casually cross over in a day and get PR while I had to wait 4 years to immigrate here.