+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I REALLY appreciate your help

n_b18

Jan 31, 2012
Hello everyone,

I appreciate it if someone assists me with my questions.

First of all I have to mention, and I've been living in Dubai for the past 8 years, and I am applying through Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi.

I have applied for MBA program at Vancouver Island University, and got the acceptance letter already. Now I have to go to the embassy and apply for my student permit. I just want to make sure of some stuff and then apply to minimize the chance of rejection.

1. I have my bachelor's degree in IT, and my Master's degree in Marketing; and I want to pursue my studies by getting my MBA now. the reason for that is I found out having MBA is much more helpful than other master's degree, and I decided to get my MBA in Canada. My question is do you think there is chance my visa gets rejected for study mismatch?

2. I am applying with my BF, and as a common law partner. I want to study and he wants to work there, so he's accompanying me. We've been living together for the past 7 years, and because it's against UAE's law for people who are not married to live together, we found it really hard to prove our relationship. We don't have any joint back accounts, house lease, joint health insurance or anything like that.We have only traveled to our home country together twice, and not any other place for our travel history together, we can show the stamps on our passports which are at the same dates.
We have studied our Bachelor's and Master's together at the same time and at the same universities. Even our majors are the same, and all of our professors were aware of our relationship. Our families were also aware, and we have lots of photos with each others family. We can prove our relationship by showing photos of our 7 years relationship together,letter from our families, friends, and some of our instructors and supervisors in our universities, our vet (which we take our dog to). There are also some utility bills paid by my boyfriend for the house that is under my name and we live in. Also there are some emails regarding some issues for our house to the real estate company and landlords and my boyfriend for the house that is under my name and we live in. Also, we had a couple membership of a health club we used to go, and maybe we can get a letter from the health club stating that. Do you think these documents are enough to prove our relationship together? And do the letters we get from our families, friends, and instructors have to be signed or witnessed by some sort of lawyer?

3. I don't have any problem with the financial support for my studies and my stay there. My father doesn't live here, but he has sent me all the money for the tuition and expenses (for 12 months) to my account in UAE. Do I have to mention that I'm dependent on my father, or show his bank statement (back home) to the embassy, or it is enough to show my own bank statement in the UAE, and show that I always had sufficient funds sent from my father to my account?

4. As for my BF, does he have to write SOP as well, or only I have to write it and mention everything in detail? Also, he's been living in Dubai for the past 20 years, so do I need to submit any special document for him other than his CV,his Degrees,bank statement,police certificate?

5. Do you know any consultants or agents in UAE, that can help us with our questions?

Again thank you for reading this.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

1. It's not a so called 'study mismatch. MBA is a generalized business management course and you do not need to have a business degree/background to study MBA. Your education profile is strong, still your MBA program at VIU is without any GMAT requirement. VIU is a low grade business school.
2. It might be very difficult because you are not well established in your country of residence. And also you are not applying from your homeland.
3. As a minimum, you need to show; 1st year tuition + CAD 10,000 as a living expenses + CAD 4,000 for one dependent. On your visa application, you need to mention the 'source of money'.
4. Check CHC website of Dubai and see if SOP is required.
5. Google is your best consultant.

denyl182002

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
Hi N_b18,

We have almost the same situation. I am also living in Dubai and Im living with my common law partner.

I already received my Letter of acceptance and Im planning to apply once I received my sponsorship letter from my parents who is are Permanent residence in Canada. My common law partner also wants to come with me in Canada.

Maybe we can share information on applying student visa. Hope to hear from you.

n_b18

Jan 31, 2012
denyl182002 said:
Hi N_b18,

We have almost the same situation. I am also living in Dubai and Im living with my common law partner.

I already received my Letter of acceptance and Im planning to apply once I received my sponsorship letter from my parents who is are Permanent residence in Canada. My common law partner also wants to come with me in Canada.

Maybe we can share information on applying student visa. Hope to hear from you.
I think your case is much easier than us, since your parents are PR in Canada. Sure, we can share more information...tell me how do you wanna keep in touch, and we talk more!

n_b18

Jan 31, 2012
enfield said:
Hi,

1. It's not a so called 'study mismatch. MBA is a generalized business management course and you do not need to have a business degree/background to study MBA. Your education profile is strong, still your MBA program at VIU is without any GMAT requirement. VIU is a low grade business school.
2. It might be very difficult because you are not well established in your country of residence. And also you are not applying from your homeland.
3. As a minimum, you need to show; 1st year tuition + CAD 10,000 as a living expenses + CAD 4,000 for one dependent. On your visa application, you need to mention the 'source of money'.
4. Check CHC website of Dubai and see if SOP is required.
5. Google is your best consultant.
Thanks so much for your reply....As for VIU, I honestly don't care that VIU has a low grade business school, I think their quality of education, and specifically their business school is much much better than schools I've been!
Anyways, as you said I have to go through Google and find more information.

Sep 4, 2011
n_b18 said:
Hello everyone,

I appreciate it if someone assists me with my questions.

First of all I have to mention, and I've been living in Dubai for the past 8 years, and I am applying through Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi.

I have applied for MBA program at Vancouver Island University, and got the acceptance letter already. Now I have to go to the embassy and apply for my student permit. I just want to make sure of some stuff and then apply to minimize the chance of rejection.

1. I have my bachelor's degree in IT, and my Master's degree in Marketing; and I want to pursue my studies by getting my MBA now. the reason for that is I found out having MBA is much more helpful than other master's degree, and I decided to get my MBA in Canada. My question is do you think there is chance my visa gets rejected for study mismatch?

2. I am applying with my BF, and as a common law partner. I want to study and he wants to work there, so he's accompanying me. We've been living together for the past 7 years, and because it's against UAE's law for people who are not married to live together, we found it really hard to prove our relationship. We don't have any joint back accounts, house lease, joint health insurance or anything like that.We have only traveled to our home country together twice, and not any other place for our travel history together, we can show the stamps on our passports which are at the same dates.
We have studied our Bachelor's and Master's together at the same time and at the same universities. Even our majors are the same, and all of our professors were aware of our relationship. Our families were also aware, and we have lots of photos with each others family. We can prove our relationship by showing photos of our 7 years relationship together,letter from our families, friends, and some of our instructors and supervisors in our universities, our vet (which we take our dog to). There are also some utility bills paid by my boyfriend for the house that is under my name and we live in. Also there are some emails regarding some issues for our house to the real estate company and landlords and my boyfriend for the house that is under my name and we live in. Also, we had a couple membership of a health club we used to go, and maybe we can get a letter from the health club stating that. Do you think these documents are enough to prove our relationship together? And do the letters we get from our families, friends, and instructors have to be signed or witnessed by some sort of lawyer?

3. I don't have any problem with the financial support for my studies and my stay there. My father doesn't live here, but he has sent me all the money for the tuition and expenses (for 12 months) to my account in UAE. Do I have to mention that I'm dependent on my father, or show his bank statement (back home) to the embassy, or it is enough to show my own bank statement in the UAE, and show that I always had sufficient funds sent from my father to my account?

4. As for my BF, does he have to write SOP as well, or only I have to write it and mention everything in detail? Also, he's been living in Dubai for the past 20 years, so do I need to submit any special document for him other than his CV,his Degrees,bank statement,police certificate?

5. Do you know any consultants or agents in UAE, that can help us with our questions?

Again thank you for reading this.

Hi there! 8)

I'm also an expat living in Abu Dhabi and my husband is in the process of applying for a student visa to Canada but that will wait until 2013 for the next academic year.
Do you really plan just to study in Canada or do you have plans to settle there and apply as an immigrant after completing your studies?
By just reading your education background and having worked in Dubai for years, you can just apply as FSW if that would be the case. Just a thought! :D

Anyhow, getting the MBA given that your previous education is not related to each other is not an issue.

As for No. 2, since you've been living together for 7 years, there are a lot of things to show to the visa officer but the question is, is it reliable? Why not think it over and establish a paper trail. You can start by opening a joint account (though I'm not sure about UAE Bank Laws), get insurance policies and apply each other as beneficiaries, check if you can get both your names on the utility bill payments, get a mobile plan package for both your phones... something like that. The couple membership health club that you've mention can be an addition. :)

No. 3 - Since the money is now in your account, and by providing your bank statements upon application, the visa officer will question you about the amount on where it came from. You can provide details about your father's bank account. But since you are working and living in Dubai, maybe you have some savings and that can add up too.

No 4 - I'm also not sure about the SOP though. From the previous response, better check the Canadian Embassy for those requirements.

No. 5 - There are a number of Consultants/Agents in UAE with regards to "live, work and study in Canada" of some sort. One i know of is Premiere, which is common for Indian and Filipino expats. My advise is that, if you have the time and management skill to do all the research and paper work, you can get rid of the idea of having an agent. Now, if you're a busy person and always on the go, that's when you might want to splurge some cash and ask someone else to do the job. I agree with n_b18 that Google is you best consultant.

Good Luck!