+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i need help but you should read the story of my immigration

spacewalkerback

Oct 13, 2013
hi everybody,,,,,i will tell you nice story about the immigration ,,i hope you will tead and advice me,,,

i'm civil engineer from egypt ,,i started my immigration to quebec as skilled worker in 2007 ,,every thing was good and i did my landing in sep, 2010 and i het my pr ,,which will expirer in sep, 2015 ,,,,
i stayed in the first time 21 days and i went a nother time in aug, 2013 for 24 days ,,
in the last time ,i was directed to the imigration office which was wondering why i didnt live in canada for three years and they gave me hard time and told me that i have only 46 days out canada ,then i will not be able to enter canada again and the IO mentioned that he will write that in my profile,,,

any how i was married in 2011',,,,, so to add my wife it will take 18 months and we have family reasons prevent me to let her all these duration and to get a temporaryvisa for her during the supporting process is very difficult and not guranteed ,,in addition i have a very good work in egypt now with a good income,,,

so i was in a big problem ,,,to go to canada and leave my wife and my good work for the unknown in canada and all the efforts i will have to do in addition i cant take any social aid which will prevent me to support my wife and i had to be away from my wife for minmum 18 months

or i can go for apply again as a one family ,,but i was suprised to know that i cant apply for immigration again before the pr be expired ,,it means after two years ,,,or i can go to the embassy and gave them the pr and surnder it ,,

i already choosed to stay in egypt ,with my wife and my good work till now but i still dream to immigrate with my wife
so could you advice me;
1- can i apply for immigration without surnding my pr.
2- if i surnder my pr,this will affect my new application,
3- if i waited the two years,,do u think quenec will still need immigrants and if so did that i was apr can affect my appliction.

please advice

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
why you applied for canada permanent residence when you dont even stay here, amazes me.
Since you have a really good job in Egypt, you should consider staying there, you don't even meet the minimum days required to renew your pr.
good luck though

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
spacewalkerback said:
hi everybody,,,,,i will tell you nice story about the immigration ,,i hope you will tead and advice me,,,

i'm civil engineer from egypt ,,i started my immigration to quebec as skilled worker in 2007 ,,every thing was good and i did my landing in sep, 2010 and i het my pr ,,which will expirer in sep, 2015 ,,,,
i stayed in the first time 21 days and i went a nother time in aug, 2013 for 24 days ,,
in the last time ,i was directed to the imigration office which was wondering why i didnt live in canada for three years and they gave me hard time and told me that i have only 46 days out canada ,then i will not be able to enter canada again and the IO mentioned that he will write that in my profile,,,

any how i was married in 2011',,,,, so to add my wife it will take 18 months and we have family reasons prevent me to let her all these duration and to get a temporaryvisa for her during the supporting process is very difficult and not guranteed ,,in addition i have a very good work in egypt now with a good income,,,

so i was in a big problem ,,,to go to canada and leave my wife and my good work for the unknown in canada and all the efforts i will have to do in addition i cant take any social aid which will prevent me to support my wife and i had to be away from my wife for minmum 18 months

or i can go for apply again as a one family ,,but i was suprised to know that i cant apply for immigration again before the pr be expired ,,it means after two years ,,,or i can go to the embassy and gave them the pr and surnder it ,,

i already choosed to stay in egypt ,with my wife and my good work till now but i still dream to immigrate with my wife
so could you advice me;
3- if i waited the two years,,do u think quenec will still need immigrants and if so did that i was apr can affect my appliction.

please advice
Sorry, you can't eat your cake and have it. Since you feel you are comfortable with everything in Egypt why are you bothering yourself? Canada is not a Do or Die affair.

Kiwi_Alan

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
23-03-2013
Passport Req..
12-03-2013 DD Encashed on 26-04-2013.
spacewalkerback said:

so could you advice me;

please advice
Mate.....
Life is all about living in peace...if you have that peace in Egypt....have a check on what really attracts you to canada...if you could not get the same in Egypt then think of going to canada, If not stay back and enjoy your life....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your choices are very straight forward.

You must either return to Canada now to make sure you can meet the residency requirement and sponsor your wife from here. Note that you will have to live in Canada while your wife's sponsorship application is being processed. You take make short trips outside of Canada (2-3 weeks). But if you stay out for any longer, you risk the application being refused. And as you said, you can't take social assistance. You must be able to support yourself.

Or you can write to the Canadian consulate and give up your PR status and start the application process again from scratch and include your wife in the application. Before you give up your status, you may want to check if you still qualify to apply. The rules have changed since you applied the first time.

As others have said, your options are limited because you are a PR and because you have failed to spend very much time in Canada. These were choices you made. So you now have to live with the consequences of your choices.

silvercloud

Jun 15, 2013
i strongly agree with kiwi alan.....finding peace is the most important thing in life. if u find in egypt with ur family and ur good business why bother about immigration

yuvs

Jun 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 , CC Charged 13-07-2013
AOR Received.
PER 23-07-2013
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
05-12-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2013, ECAS updated [with 3rd line] : 24-12-2013
Passport Req..
05-12-2013 , (Received by NDVO 10-12-2013), RPRF DD en-cashed : 27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
30-04-2014 (Vancouver)
Agree ...
scylla said:
Your choices are very straight forward.

You must either return to Canada now to make sure you can meet the residency requirement and sponsor your wife from here. Note that you will have to live in Canada while your wife's sponsorship application is being processed. You take make short trips outside of Canada (2-3 weeks). But if you stay out for any longer, you risk the application being refused. And as you said, you can't take social assistance. You must be able to support yourself.

Or you can write to the Canadian consulate and give up your PR status and start the application process again from scratch and include your wife in the application. Before you give up your status, you may want to check if you still qualify to apply. The rules have changed since you applied the first time.

As others have said, your options are limited because you are a PR and because you have failed to spend very much time in Canada. These were choices you made. So you now have to live with the consequences of your choices.

spacewalkerback

Oct 13, 2013
Thanks Everybody for your replies but let me clarify something:

1- My plans were to live in peace in Egypt and forget about Canada but after the political issues in Egypt and how it becomes unsafe or it is expected to be like that ,,i
returned back to the immigration option.
2- My wife was rubbed in the street after being threatened by a knife from a girl.
3- I try to give my children the opportunity to raised in a different high standard country.i think it is my right,itsnt for me as i can live in my country in a good
situation.

so ,i will tell you my plan and please feed me back but read these information first:
1- My PR card will expired in Sept. 20,2015,
2- I stayed in Canada 44 days before and last time i left Canada was Sept. 19,2013.
3- I was noticed from the IO in the last time that i have only 40 days away from Canada and he mentioned that he will write that in my profile.
4- I should enter Canada before Nov. 1,2013 to be able to achieve the two years )

The plan:
i had to return back to Canada on Feb. 1,2014 as my wife will do a surgery on Dec. 2013 (it means that i`m delayed three months),i will take my wife surgery papers which prevent me to go to Canada before Nov. 1,2013 to be as an proof.

so i put these scenarios and please help me which one is better:

1- when i enter Canada ,i write that my last time for me in Canada was Jan,1,2014 (i will lie) ,then i could pass ,then i will stay two years continuously and renew the pr card in Nov. 2016 instead of Sept. 2015 to make sure i met the two years .OR i might be caught ling and it will be a problem even with my wife proof and i don't know what will happened then.

2- i don't lie about the last time i were in Canada ,then i might pass or not as four months away from Canada might be noticeable ,
if i pass it is OK if not i will go through the immigration and i will give them my evidence. and i don't know what will happen then.

so,please feed me back,,which scenario is better beside if i lied and i passed ,,did this date i wrote be registered or not as it will be discovered when i will renew my pr as the stamps of entrance my country show that i wasn't in Canada till Jan, 2014.

regards

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have only two legitimate options. You either return to Canada by November 1st and stay 2 years, or you surrender your PR and apply anew if you're eligible.

If the officer had made a note in your profile, as you mentioned, it'll raise a red flag whenever you try to enter and they will scrutinize the length of your stay in Canada. If they catch you lying, misrepresenting your case, they'll most probably deny access, void your PR, and you'll not be able to travel to Canada as a tourist for at least 2 years, let alone apply for immigration (you'll have a permanent record of fraud with CIC).

Whatever your family circumstances are, misrepresentation of your case in front of the CBSA in order to maintain your PR status is always considered fraud. They might consider your circumstances and not charge you with a crime, but almost for sure they would strip you off your PR status and deny entry.

from CIC's webpage:
It is a serious crime to lie, or to send false information or documents, when you deal with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). This is fraud. It is called “misrepresentation.”

spacewalkerback

Oct 13, 2013
banrad said:
You have only two legitimate options. You either return to Canada by November 1st and stay 2 years, or you surrender your PR and apply anew if you're eligible.

If the officer had made a note in your profile, as you mentioned, it'll raise a red flag whenever you try to enter and they will scrutinize the length of your stay in Canada. If they catch you lying, misrepresenting your case, they'll most probably deny access, void your PR, and you'll not be able to travel to Canada as a tourist for at least 2 years, let alone apply for immigration (you'll have a permanent record of fraud with CIC).

Whatever your family circumstances are, misrepresentation of your case in front of the CBSA in order to maintain your PR status is always considered fraud. They might consider your circumstances and not charge you with a crime, but almost for sure they would strip you off your PR status and deny entry.

Thanks..i was planning to say the truth.
but i need to know what exactly gonna happen when they knew that i didnt met the residency requirements ?
they will let me in or no?
they will let me give them the documents i have ?
you make me worried..because i know that they will let me in whatever happened and ask me to appeal?
please clarify
regards

from CIC's webpage:
It is a serious crime to lie, or to send false information or documents, when you deal with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). This is fraud. It is called “misrepresentation.”

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As your PR card is valid, most probably they'll let you in if there isn't any other inadmissibility issue such as misrepresenting, etc. Yet be braced for tough questions regarding not meeting the PR status obligation of 2 years and provide honest and plausible answers.

Obviously, you won't be able to renew your PR status after your PR card expires in its 5th year. Hence, you'll need to consult a legal expert on the latter part of your issue, i.e. if you can and how you can maintain/regain your PR status.

Cases similar to yours: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-i-enter-canada-with-a-pr-card-to-be-expired-soon-t162198.0.html

CIC:
Keeping your permanent resident status

Your permanent resident status allows you to live in Canada, but there is also a time limit on how long you can live outside the country. To keep your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period.

Losing your permanent resident status

There are several ways you could lose your permanent resident status:

A permanent resident who does not meet their residency obligations could lose permanent resident status.
If convicted of a serious crime, a permanent resident may be deported from Canada.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/faq.aspx
A quote from the website of the Embassy of Canada to UAE:

8. I do not meet the residency requirements but I have a valid Permanent Resident (PR) Card. Will I be able to enter Canada and resume my PR status?

Yes, you may enter Canada with your valid PR Card. However, the port of entry (POE) officer is authorized to examine you for compliance with residency obligations and initiate enforcement action should it be deemed appropriate. An assessment of whether or not you meet the residency requirements will also be made when you apply for a PR Card renewal. If you do not meet the requirements, you may be asked to leave Canada.

spacewalkerback

Oct 13, 2013
Thanks BANRAD for your reply ,,,,,
i will be ready for any questions with my wife medical documents which keep me away from Canada.
my question now: is there a chance to enter Canada without being caught(please notice that last time a 5 months ago ,the officer mentioned that he will write in my report that i cant stay outside Canada more than 40 days) and i heard entering canada from US border is easier,,
what do u think?
regards

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, but I can't comment on whether entering though the US is easier or not as my knowledge of it is next to nothing.

Personally, I think that the odds that authorities will initiate a revocation of your PR status when you try to enter is pretty high, because your profile had been red flagged as potentially not meeting the time of physical presence obligation.

I'm sorry to say so, but you've made your choices and need to put up with the ramifications.