+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have the same UCI # as my twin sister! Is this normal??

mayewam

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Chilliwack, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
September 15 2012
Nomination.....
January 9 2013
AOR Received.
January 25 2013
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
June 24 2013
Med's Done....
July 4 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
December 11, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 02, 2014 (crossing my fingers)
LANDED..........
January 03, 2014 (hopefully)
Hi

I badly need your help. I am already here in Canada and my PR application is already in process. At the same time my TWIN sister who has exactly the same name as I am (with ONE LETTER) difference, is also applying for a work permit here in Canada but she is still in the Phiilippines.

She is already married so she has a DIFFERENT LAST NAME. And I'm still single. So we thought there wouldn't be a problem, but we were wrong.

My sister received an email from CIC about a medical furtherance. We thought it was for her 2nd xray exam since they found a spot on her lungs.

I also had my medical done here in Canada, and they said I have a heart murrmur so I had to get all the exams such as ECG and Echocardiogram etc. So I was already expecting a MEDICAL FURTHERANCE letter from the immigration.

However, my sister was the one who received the letter! And we really thought it was for her second xray this coming Sept 11, 2013. She sent me the email since she was asking what it was for because it didn't say on the letter what medical exam she needs to undergo again. When I checked her letter, I saw the UCI number and it is EXACTLY THE SAME AS MINE!

Please help on what I should do next. Because I'm afraid that this might be a problem on our application. Thanks!

I'd greatly appreciate if someone can help.

ffarin11

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
April 28, 2011
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
June 15, 2013
Med's Done....
June 23, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 10
mayewam said:
Hi

I badly need your help. I am already here in Canada and my PR application is already in process. At the same time my TWIN sister who has exactly the same name as I am (with ONE LETTER) difference, is also applying for a work permit here in Canada but she is still in the Phiilippines.

She is already married so she has a DIFFERENT LAST NAME. And I'm still single. So we thought there wouldn't be a problem, but we were wrong.

My sister received an email from CIC about a medical furtherance. We thought it was for her 2nd xray exam since they found a spot on her lungs.

I also had my medical done here in Canada, and they said I have a heart murrmur so I had to get all the exams such as ECG and Echocardiogram etc. So I was already expecting a MEDICAL FURTHERANCE letter from the immigration.

However, my sister was the one who received the letter! And we really thought it was for her second xray this coming Sept 11, 2013. She sent me the email since she was asking what it was for because it didn't say on the letter what medical exam she needs to undergo again. When I checked her letter, I saw the UCI number and it is EXACTLY THE SAME AS MINE!

Please help on what I should do next. Because I'm afraid that this might be a problem on our application. Thanks!

I'd greatly appreciate if someone can help.
reply to the email emplaning your story. it could lead to a big problem if not sorted out. just email back to cic.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I second the advice of ffarin1 - also include copies of IDs/passports and the application pages containing personal information of you and your sister to clearly show the difference between you the applicants and the applications submitted.

UCI is unique per applicant - it also becomes your PR ID# when PR status is attained.

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-08-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
06-03-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent on 28-03-2014, VISA issued 16-06-2014
LANDED..........
Calgary here I come!!
My wife and I applied and we share the same UCI number, how is it possible that it will be come the pr number?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaisin82 said:
My wife and I applied and we share the same UCI number, how is it possible that it will be come the pr number?
Who is the principal applicant for the application? The principal applicant will have the UCI for an application that includes dependents and is often true for sponsorship applications. When referring to these type of applications, it will be based on the UCI of the PA, which down the line often becomes the PR ID# issued to the PA upon attainment of PR status.

The OP has described that the applications submitted were separate (one for PR and another for WP) - in this case, there should be separate UCIs as there where 2 individual applications.

ffarin11

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
April 28, 2011
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
June 15, 2013
Med's Done....
June 23, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 10
kaisin82 said:
Check on your GCMS notes, under your wife name you will see a diff UCI number for her.

mayewam

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Chilliwack, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
September 15 2012
Nomination.....
January 9 2013
AOR Received.
January 25 2013
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
June 24 2013
Med's Done....
July 4 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
December 11, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 02, 2014 (crossing my fingers)
LANDED..........
January 03, 2014 (hopefully)
Thanks Everyone!
Issue has been resolved! We sent them an email and got a reply from the embassy in three days. My twin sister has now her own UCI#.

dreibass

Jan 22, 2024
Philippines
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
VFS MANILA
Thanks Everyone!
Issue has been resolved! We sent them an email and got a reply from the embassy in three days. My twin sister has now her own UCI#.
Hi! I know this post was a long time ago but I’m experiencing it now. Any idea what is the best email to contact them? Also from the philippines.