+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a new passport but my study permit has old passport number

anhie

Aug 23, 2015
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you have encountered a similar situation as myself (my case is similar to the asker). I've applied for a study permit and have been told to submit my passport (for them to just stamp the visa on my passport). However, one of the requirement for submitting my passport was to have the expiration date of my passport to cover the length of my stay in Canada. My university will be from 2015-2019, however my passport will expire in 2017. Hence, I renew my passport so that the expiration date is more than my length of stay in Canada. But my question is Can the Canadian Embassy stamp my study permit visa in my new passport? Or how should I contact them?

Please kindly help me. Thank you guys very much!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
anhie said:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you have encountered a similar situation as myself (my case is similar to the asker). I've applied for a study permit and have been told to submit my passport (for them to just stamp the visa on my passport). However, one of the requirement for submitting my passport was to have the expiration date of my passport to cover the length of my stay in Canada. My university will be from 2015-2019, however my passport will expire in 2017. Hence, I renew my passport so that the expiration date is more than my length of stay in Canada. But my question is Can the Canadian Embassy stamp my study permit visa in my new passport? Or how should I contact them?

Please kindly help me. Thank you guys very much!
if u submit passport with 2017 expiry u will in most cases get visa till 2017. in that case once u renew ur passport u will have to apply for extending ur study permit/visa if its not till 2019. if u get visa till 2019 on ur old passport u should keep ur old passport with u together with ur new passport.

Aug 18, 2018
Hey

I am international student in vancouver. Actually my passport got damaged in water by mistake so i have to apply for the new passport. Can anyone tell me where to and how to apply.

Thanks

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hello,

I have similar issue, I lost my passport but not PGWP. My PGWP has old passport number but my new passport does not indicate lost passport. Therefore, am I allowed to enter Canada?

Thanks,

Jass_k

Apr 15, 2020
Hi guys,
I need a suggestion, please help me. I renewed my passport but the student visa and the study permit will expire as per the old passport expire in December 2020. My study will end in January 2021. What should I do? From where and how I can apply for the visa stamp on the new passport and renewal of student permit?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi guys,
I need a suggestion, please help me. I renewed my passport but the student visa and the study permit will expire as per the old passport expire in December 2020. My study will end in January 2021. What should I do? From where and how I can apply for the visa stamp on the new passport and renewal of student permit?
1. Closer to expiry, you renew your study permit, and then you renew your TRV.