+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have 11 years gap after studies, can I apply under SPP?

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Jan 2013 intake under SPP from India.

Could you explain me the following:

1. I have 11 years gap after my graduation but I have work experience for those period. Can I apply under SPP. Will that be effective?

2. If I apply under general category, can I take education loan against fixed deposit.

3. I heard some people saying if you have an education loan then your application automatically falls under SPP. Is that correct?

4. What are the documents and financial proof required, while applying under general category?

Awaiting your replies.

thejfever

Sep 1, 2012
Hi Guys!!

I have the same Query as the above memeber -

1. I scored 8/9 in IELTS
2. 72% at 10+2 school level
3. 62% in B.Sc. (Hons) - 3 year degree (Graduated in July 2007)
4. I have been working since August 2007 (5+ years)

Never had any backlogs or gap in education and worked ever since I graduated.

Would I be eligible for SPP?? I have acceptance from Humber college for 1 year PG certificate in Project Management.

Please let me know - If I am eligible I will start the GIC and Payment of fee right away.

Please advise ASAP!

Thanks!
Jatin

thejfever

Sep 1, 2012
Just got a reply in the other thread - "In general category is it compulsory to pay one year fees advance?" Where one of the members suggested I can do SPP.

Any thoughts?

nikhilbanga.ca

Aug 18, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Category........
AINP
thejfever said:
Just got a reply in the other thread - "In general category is it compulsory to pay one year fees advance?" Where one of the members suggested I can do SPP.

Any thoughts?
bt nw uh have to pay one year fees in spp also as its new rules

thejfever

Sep 1, 2012
nikhilbanga.ca said:
bt nw uh have to pay one year fees in spp also as its new rules
I know but atleast under SPP once am paid up with fees and have GIC I dont have to show any extra funds. The thing is I want to get visa quickly and without hassle so I can resign from my job at the earliest.

nikhilbanga.ca

Aug 18, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Category........
AINP
thejfever said:
I know but atleast under SPP once am paid up with fees and have GIC I dont have to show any extra funds. The thing is I want to get visa quickly and without hassle so I can resign from my job at the earliest.
hmmm ur profile is good bt aftr ol u should need to consult a good agent..coz i m also bit confused abt u.. hope any other member may be help u..

n all d bst brother

thejfever

Sep 1, 2012
Thanks Nikhil.... I am in touch with my visa counsellor at The Chopras but with the new process he himself seems confused.... I just dont want to mess up my savings fund and creating a GIC if I cant go under SPP and end up paying fees and wire charges and on top of that waste the precious time at hand....

I hope the Embassy can guide me but their answers are so diplomatic and vague that you never get to knw which direction to move in....

nikhilbanga.ca

Aug 18, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Category........
AINP
thejfever said:
Thanks Nikhil.... I am in touch with my visa counsellor at The Chopras but with the new process he himself seems confused.... I just dont want to mess up my savings fund and creating a GIC if I cant go under SPP and end up paying fees and wire charges and on top of that waste the precious time at hand....

I hope the Embassy can guide me but their answers are so diplomatic and vague that you never get to knw which direction to move in....
hmm u r right.. wait fr some expert's answer to ur case in this forum

thejfever

Sep 1, 2012
Calling all the Experts for help!!!

Please let me know your thoughts guys..... really need to know - General or SPP? What do I go in as??

asiss kumar

Sep 22, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2013
IELTS Request
23-03-2013 (Band:7)
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
MATA MEHAR KAREGI
LANDED..........
JAI MATA DI ;D
I think you can apply for both the categories,(if not applied under SPP earlier).
Ur profile seems to be good ,as you were working all the time .
Choose course according to your Job and academics.
be sure your SOP is strong and convincing enough ..
Consult some good agents as well..
best of luck dude.. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
HI THEJFEVER,

I HAD THIS CONFUSION BEFORE, NOW I AM CONVINCED THAT I AM ELIGIBLE TO APPLY INDER SPP EVEN WITH 11 YEARS GAP AFTER STUDIES. AS PER CIC, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY UNDER SPP IF YOU HAVE GOT ADMISSION IN ANY ONE OF THE COLLEGES LISTED UNDER SPP CATEGORY. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/StudentPartnersProgram_ProgrammePartenairesEtudiants-Nov09.aspx?view=d

BUT THE THING IS THAT IT WILL BE DIFFICULT FOR US TO CONVINCE THE VISA OFFICER OUR GENUINENESS WITH THE LIMITED NUMBER OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SPP. SO WE HAVE TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS LIKE SOP, EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATES, SALARY CERTIFICATES ETC. IN THAT CASE OUR CASE WILL NOT GET PREFERENCE (regarding processing time) AS SPP CASE, BUT SURELEY WE WILL GET VISA EVEN IF IT TAKES LONGER THAN THE USUAL SPP PROCESSING TIME.

lucasp

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-March-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-March-2014
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected on 31/03/2014
@dubaitotoronto
Hello I just wanted to know what is your status now as I am in same situation. please advise