+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my US visa on Canada RTD

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello, I applied for a US visa using the Visa Waiver Program and submitted my documents on July 3rd or 4th. However, I didn't receive any updates or status changes until July 18th, when I saw that my application had been received. Two days later, I checked again and saw that my status had been updated to 'Approved'. Then, yesterday, it changed to 'Issued'. What does this mean? Is my visa complete and stamped without an interview, or do I still need to worry that I might be required to attend an interview before receiving my passport? The current status is 'Issued', and I've been told that my passport will be delivered within 10 days.
Congrats! No interview. Your visa stamped on your passport already.

Reactions: zak86

Dani94

Jan 22, 2024
Hello, I applied for a US visa using the Visa Waiver Program and submitted my documents on July 3rd or 4th. However, I didn't receive any updates or status changes until July 18th, when I saw that my application had been received. Two days later, I checked again and saw that my status had been updated to 'Approved'. Then, yesterday, it changed to 'Issued'. What does this mean? Is my visa complete and stamped without an interview, or do I still need to worry that I might be required to attend an interview before receiving my passport? The current status is 'Issued', and I've been told that my passport will be delivered within 10 days.
did you aplied as a refugge? did you sent copies of the old visas? can you tell me how you aplied?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
did you aplied as a refugge? did you sent copies of the old visas? can you tell me how you aplied?
I applied through RTD and submitted all the required previous USA visa copies, which I had obtained previously. Additionally, I sent an explanation letter detailing the reason for my visit, as well as copies of the Canadian child passports. I believe my visa wasn't canceled or revoked because when I received the brown paper, my US visa had expired just five days before I submitted my passport to IRCC. Perhaps that's why I didn't receive an interview call. I know a friend who applied using their own country's passport, but they were called for an interview despite having PR status. The interviewer explained to my friend that their visa was canceled when they applied for asylum in Canada

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I applied through RTD and submitted all the required previous USA visa copies, which I had obtained previously. Additionally, I sent an explanation letter detailing the reason for my visit, as well as copies of the Canadian child passports. I believe my visa wasn't canceled or revoked because when I received the brown paper, my US visa had expired just five days before I submitted my passport to IRCC. Perhaps that's why I didn't receive an interview call. I know a friend who applied using their own country's passport, but they were called for an interview despite having PR status. The interviewer explained to my friend that their visa was canceled when they applied for asylum in Canada
Your friend using their passport again? They also get us visa on home country passport and will use it? Its dangerous.
I did interview waiver but they called me for interview because my visa was cancelled.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Your friend using their passport again? They also get us visa on home country passport and will use it? Its dangerous.
I did interview waiver but they called me for interview because my visa was cancelled.
yeah, the same was with him and he traveled once with it and is due to apply for citizenship now lol So let's see what happens but he said nobody asked when he returned on his home country passport, etc now his home country pp is expired..

fazalmzm

Jul 22, 2024
Hi,

I have RTD but no PR yet.
I had a US Visa in my national passport which is in IRCC now and still valid.
Can i get a US visa on RTD now?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,

yes you can if your visa wasn;t cancelled when you applied here so all good you will get without interview either they will call you for an interview

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi,

You can. Even my visa was cancelled. I submit my application and they said you are eligible for interview waiver program. I sent my document and they said you need interview. And I got interviewed next week:) I have 10 years visa now on my rtd.

fazalmzm

Jul 22, 2024
You can. Even my visa was cancelled. I submit my application and they said you are eligible for interview waiver program. I sent my document and they said you need interview. And I got interviewed next week:) I have 10 years visa now on my rtd.
Congrats! My RTD is valid 2yrs

fazalmzm

Jul 22, 2024
I went to the https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/schedule/60473230/applicants/71671663, but i dont see interview waiver status as Yes, its as No.

Can you tell me for following questions, i should put Yes or No.
My passport with IRCC and My US visa was issued in 2022 and expiry on 2027.

1. The previous visa that is renewing was issued after 25 January, 2008.
2.is in possession of the previous visa that is being renewed.
3.The visa that is renewing has the word “blanket” or waiver” printed on it.
4.The visa that is renewing was lost, stolen or revoked.

Thanks

Mirza231

Aug 26, 2024
can you tell what type of visa did you applied on RTD. I have my RTD but dont know where to start