+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i got first stage approval for my permanent residence application

hdhakal

Feb 25, 2010
Hello,

My application for PR was submitted on August first week of 2009. I got First Stage Approval on my Permanent Residence Application on December first week of 2010; I have applied it as Convention Refugee. Can anyone kindly tell me that how long it takes for final decision on my PR? Thank you, regards - Pd.

Generally how long it takes on PR approval after first phase approval.

hdhakal

Feb 25, 2010
Thank you very much for your prompt response; timeframe as you said is for total process or after first phase approval?

very regards - pd

Sivan

Nov 10, 2009
Hello, i have a similar case. We recieved our first stage approval on June 4th, 2009 and medical were recieved on Dec 22nd 2009, but when i checked the status at the cic website , there was no decision made yet, it said "in process", so im kinda worried why its takeing so long.
When i called the call centre the guy said that they are probably doing a backgroung check now,which takes the longest.

My questions are:

1.Does anyone have a similar case that has recieved a landing interview and wants to share their processing timeline? that would help alot.

2. How long does a background check takes??????

hdhakal

Feb 25, 2010
hello,

same circumstances here, when i called them, replied that background clearance is not yet received. as my first phase approval was got on DEC 1st week 2010.

brains_cy

Mar 9, 2010
i was told my file had been moved down to my local office for background checks too (think that might be first stage approval,not sure) ...that was in jan 2008, same story since,....why so long???...

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
I got 1st stage approval since last year July and still waiting-they are still doing background checks as of today-anyone heard anything yet.