+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I feel like to sue the Canadian Embassy and Government...

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
MadeInCanada said:
I am not sure where any comparisons have taken place in my comment. I was simply stating the choices I made.

I did ask her how old her child is. Should I get a reply then I guess what I say or ask next will depend on it.

I personally think it very odd under any circumstances that a person would marry someone and not see first how that someone interacts with their children and vise versa. Perhaps if the situation where that said child were an adult it would be different.

Anyways, It was simply me stating my opinion and personal choices, I have not compared her to myself in any way :D

I do have a question though, why are comparisons bad, but speculations okay??
Comparisons are only bad if the person being compared to feels like you re attacking them? Who knows...

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
@Rob_To

I honestly would gladly pay more if it meant getting my husband here faster!! Maybe that is just me...

Reactions: Alicee

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
Rob_TO said:
Sorry but I fail to see the relevance here. As a Canadian myself, I do not want to see immigrants buying their way into my country by paying a Canadian person to marry and then sponsor them. There is a reason this is illegal, and why the CIC needs so much scrutinization of applications to detect it.

Arranged marriages including ones with a dowry are legal and also accepted for spousal sponsorship.

Rob_TO said:
The Canadian is not being discriminated against. They have CHOSEN to marry or be with someone that is not a citizen of Canada.

Canadians have the right to marry anyone they want without the approval of the government. Chosing to marry someone does NOT negate my human rights.

Rob_TO said:
It is then considered a privilege if Canada will let the spouse become a PR of Canada and have access to all the various social and medical services my tax dollars are paying for.

Then we should make rules that deal with ALL people who abuse the system, including Canadian welfare bums who contribute nothing and live off other peoples taxes. Focusing in on immigrants is a red herring. They generally are very hard workers and contribute a lot.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
bagelbagel81 said:
All good! I actually think despite Canada's long processing times, the system is quite fair. I think n some ways the long processing times is yet another hurdle that immigration expects you to jump over, in order to weed out the legit cases with non-legit. It sucks, but it's in their interest to speed them up for their own admin benefit, not for anyone else's.
and they will get longer and longer for now; with all the centralization they r trying to make, closing down so many embassies, moving the applications to a nearby embassy, most ppl have to wait at least 1 year!!

the problem is not really the waiting i say, the problem is waiting alone; in europe (belgium and maybe other countries) they have something called conditional temporary visa for spouses; they can live there together since day 1 and if they r found in non-genuine relationship they will have to go, if not they get permanent stay; if someone knows more pls share, i actually watched abt this on TV5 last year
some (like Dani) will make the sacrifice of moving in a new place just to b with their spouse and live together for 2 years and still get rejected that really beats me!!!! 2 years day by day is really long for someone fake to pretend ::)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
MadeInCanada said:
I am not sure where any comparisons have taken place in my comment. I was simply stating the choices I made.

I did ask her how old her child is. Should I get a reply then I guess what I say or ask next will depend on it.

I personally think it very odd under any circumstances that a person would marry someone and not see first how that someone interacts with their children and vise versa. Perhaps if the situation where that said child were an adult it would be different.

Anyways, It was simply me stating my opinion and personal choices, I have not compared her to myself in any way :D

I do have a question though, why are comparisons bad, but speculations okay??
none of them is ;) in a way or the other both u, me or anyone else are writing or should write just for the purpose to help Dani see things from different perspectives and make her case stronger

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
frankinto said:
Throughout the process, we must remain level-headed and do what is required to obtain a positive result. But even though I am a sponsor I will speak here as a citizen, from one of the first families to settle this part of the world, 350 years ago: No one should entertain any illusions that their foreign partners have any "right" whatsoever to be here.
I'm sure some others have flagged this but I can't personally let this go by.

The Canadian Bill of Rights (preamble):

"The Parliament of Canada, affirming that the Canadian Nation is founded upon principles that acknowledge the supremacy of God, the dignity and worth of the human person and the position of the family in a society of free men and free institutions;

Affirming also that men and institutions remain free only when freedom is founded upon respect for moral and spiritual values and the rule of law;

And being desirous of enshrining these principles and the human rights and fundamental freedoms derived from them, in a Bill of Rights which shall reflect the respect of Parliament for its constitutional authority and which shall ensure the protection of these rights and freedoms in Canada:"

Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:

"(d) to see that families are reunited in Canada;"

We have rights as Canadians to pursue our own happiness in whatever way we see fit under the laws of the land. Marrying whoever we wish is a fundamental right. Immigration is a procedure under family reunification not a stand alone application.

CIC should not be in the business of qualifying the depth and breadth of "love" in any relationship. All they should be doing is making sure the requested documents to support the application are valid.

Reactions: Alicee

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
missmini said:
and they will get longer and longer for now; with all the centralization they r trying to make, closing down so many embassies, moving the applications to a nearby embassy, most ppl have to wait at least 1 year!!

the problem is not really the waiting i say, the problem is waiting alone; in europe (belgium and maybe other countries) they have something called conditional temporary visa for spouses; they can live there together since day 1 and if they r found in non-genuine relationship they will have to go, if not they get permanent stay; if someone knows more pls share, i actually watched abt this on TV5 last year
some (like Dani) will make the sacrifice of moving in a new place just to b with their spouse and live together for 2 years and still get rejected that really beats me!!!! 2 years day by day is really long for someone fake to pretend ::)
I agree with the concept of a temporary visa. It is somewhat like that of the conditional PR I think, (only backwards, lol). It would be great if something like that was introduced into our system as well.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
steerpike said:
Arranged marriages including ones with a dowry are legal and also accepted for spousal sponsorship.
Arranged marriages are not done for the sole purpose of getting status in Canada, so the comparison is not valid. Also with arranged marriages, the intent is still to live with your arranged spouse the rest of your life. Completely different from paid-marriages just to get a PR status, then for the 2 parties to go their separate ways.

Canadians have the right to marry anyone they want without the approval of the government. Chosing to marry someone does NOT negate my human rights.
Sure they can marry whoever they want. But it's not a "right" in Canada, or any other country in the world, to simply grant people full status and allow them access to tax-funded medical, social, financial and all other services. This is what's known as a "privilege".

Then we should make rules that deal with ALL people who abuse the system, including Canadian welfare bums who contribute nothing and live off other peoples taxes. Focusing in on immigrants is a red herring. They generally are very hard workers and contribute a lot.
There are all sorts of issues with Canadians leeching off welfare. However this is a separate issue. As this is an immigration forum we are focusing on immigration-related issues only.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MadeInCanada said:
@ Rob_To

I honestly would gladly pay more if it meant getting my husband here faster!! Maybe that is just me...
I'm the other way. We should not have to pay for it at all. Canada relies heavily on all forms of immigration to support its population. The government gains taxable income with every immigrant landed. Why do I have to pay for the service of assisting Canada's tax base?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
bagelbagel81 said:
Hahah true true... funny you state that. Even though the Australian immigration forum is not as active - there are exactly the same groups of people complaining about the same kinds of things.... that and add "Australian immigration are racsist, they descriminate, and that even people on Permanent VISAs are discriminated against in the workplace which is why they can't find work"" to the list!
I'm not surprised... throwing extra money at something doesn't solve everything. If CIC decided to make the fees higher to put a better system in place, i'm sure the same types of problems would arise but just in a faster time. And we would need to add a new complaint of the fees being too high!

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I'm the other way. We should not have to pay for it at all. Canada relies heavily on all forms of immigration to support its population. The government gains taxable income with every immigrant landed. Why do I have to pay for the service of assisting Canada's tax base?
Yes, I understand that, and have to say from that perspective I agree. Still heavily weighing the scales is the idea of sending a bit more cash to have my husband with me NOW....it wins hands down..

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
If Canada needs a bigger population, why don't they facilitate their citizens to have families. There, problem solved.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
If Canada needs a bigger population, why don't they facilitate their citizens to have families. There, problem solved.
Children are expensive. The cost of living negates large families unless you are loaded.

Simpsons

Dec 9, 2012
When I read cases like these I thank God that I never had to go through this.My husband after 15 years of marriage and 3 kids can very easily fail this interview.LOL

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Rob_TO said:
Sure they can marry whoever they want. But it's not a "right" in Canada, or any other country in the world, to simply grant people full status and allow them access to tax-funded medical, social, financial and all other services. This is what's known as a "privilege".
It is a right. It comes with conditions as do all of our rights. Driving is a priviledge because there are alternate forms of transportation.