+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Bow out for now!!!

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My applicaton has been refused 2nd time. Reason being that VO did not believe I will leave canada after studies considering my:
Travel History
Purpose of visit
Apply for 1 Business mgt certificate
ND- Mass Communication 57%
HND Mass Communication 62%
12 yrs working experience in capital market industry-share registration
Strong SOP

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
ola1974 said:
My applicaton has been refused 2nd time. Reason being that VO did not believe I will leave canada after studies considering my:
Travel History
Purpose of visit
Strong SOP
dont loose hope bro.... apply fr next intake man..... by d way, u r frm mass communication, y going fr business mgt certificate ? do mba if u wanna switch ur line

sumitmn

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7 (None less than 6)
File Transfer...
21-07-2014
Med's Done....
17-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
you need home ties like fixed deposit, car, property etc.

sidhu_anwar

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nah his course is alright. He has 10+ year experience in the business field. This also means he is most probably in his mid 30s so maybe VO expected some sort of fixed asset on your name Ola???
Is there any close family member of yours in Canada??

Amir_Khalilov

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ola1974 said:
Travel History
Purpose of visit
Strong SOP
I'm so sorry to hear your second refusal. Don't lose hope. Me too, going to apply for third time in October for January intake.

pink1975

Jul 28, 2014
Ola1974 regardless of the unfortunate second time refusal, let me applaud you for the strong performance you showed in your statement of purpose this time round that made it possible to scale down the five sub reasons in your first refusal to only two sub reasons in this your second refusal. I simply do not understand these Visa officers most especially CHC in Accra. In your first application I recall that you stated that your stamped passport shows that you have visited UK before and that you did not violate the validity of that UK visa and returned to Nigeria. So if that is the point then why is that CHC in Accra still have problem with your travel history? I simply do not understand the kind of Visa officers in Accra and I believe if they simply do not want anybody in West Africa to visit Canada for any purpose then I suggest they should close down CHC in Accra or simply refrain from collecting study permit applications and making baseless refusal points. Ola1974 I will however advise you not to give up, perhaps you can think of considering applying for a bachelor or masters degree next time from Canada so as to remove the tag of purpose of study repeated in your two refusals. Secondly you can also think about the alternative of studying in Australia.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sidhu_anwar said:
Nah his course is alright. He has 10+ year experience in the business field. This also means he is most probably in his mid 30s so maybe VO expected some sort of fixed asset on your name Ola???
Based on Ola's user ID, I think he's either 39 or 40.

Amir_Khalilov

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pink1975 said:
Ola1974 regardless of the unfortunate second time refusal, let me applaud you for the strong performance you showed in your statement of purpose this time round that made it possible to scale down the five sub reasons in your first refusal to only two sub reasons in this your second refusal. I simply do not understand these Visa officers most especially CHC in Accra. In your first application I recall that you stated that your stamped passport shows that you have visited UK before and that you did not violate the validity of that UK visa and returned to Nigeria. So if that is the point then why is that CHC in Accra still have problem with your travel history? I simply do not understand the kind of Visa officers in Accra and I believe if they simply do not want anybody in West Africa to visit Canada for any purpose then I suggest they should close down CHC in Accra or simply refrain from collecting study permit applications and making baseless refusal points. Ola1974 I will however advise you not to give up, perhaps you can think of considering applying for a bachelor or masters degree next time from Canada so as to remove the tag of purpose of study repeated in your two refusals. Secondly you can also think about the alternative of studying in Australia.
Should you wish to reapply for the third time, I would suggest you to order GCMS notes, so that you would clearly know what is exact reason of your refusal.

pink1975

Jul 28, 2014
Age must not be a factor. There is no where in Canada immigration rules that prohibits middle age people from applying and having further studies in Canada. The truth is that some visa officers are abusing the discretionary powers invested in them in deciding who qualifies for a visa. The mere fact that a visa officer may not like to study at a middle age does not mean he should prevent somebody in the middle age from having further studies in Canada if he have adequate finances.

pink1975

Jul 28, 2014
Ola1974 can you please share some of the strong points you raised in your second SOP that made it possible to convince them on your employment status, length of visit, personal asset and financial status?

manuelbarmby

May 2, 2014
Hi Ola,

So sad they rejected again. dont loose hope bro. Just like the other member said, u can give australia a shot too.
Meanwhile I guess age should not be a barrier whatsoever. You can also try out a year PGD program here first, then later re-apply. I'm a Nigeria as well hoping to give mine a shot in 2016 and apply for Information System Business Analysis in GBC.
A grad. of Electronics/Computer Engineering B.Sc, Currently running a program with Edinburgh Business School(Hopefully to get my PG cert in March 2015-Distance learning as at the time when I'd apply).
7yrs working exp. and currently working as a Sn. Business Application Service Analyst.

Bros, try and request for the note to really know the main reason why the 2nd refusal, perhaps this could also be of help.
Please do not leave this forum as you have been tremendous in your approaches.

manuelbarmby

May 2, 2014
Reason being that VO did not believe I will leave canada after studies considering my:
Travel History

If you are also married, then this should not have been a problem.

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidhu_anwar said:
I do not have problem in that regard, after my 1st trip to Uk I think they expect me to have made another trip or have 2 yrs visa which would re-assure them that if I shld have 2 yrs visa in uk I will have gone there to stay. I have 2 kids & my spouse, u can see I have home tie. Let me take my family to uk for summer & try January wether it will work or what do u see to that

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pink1975 said:
You know my forum profile too well. You are wonderful. Something just occur to me when scrutinising my refusal is to apply for my 2 yrs uk visa I am thinking there impression will change. They want reassurance of more visits. You are rekindling my hope bcos I have decided to end it there. Thank u for the solidarity.