+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am the Principal applicant's How can I take my brother with a severe disability?

ROCIOLIVELY

Jul 26, 2024
Please support this particular case. My husband is my sponsor and I am the principal applicant's . There are no children. However, I can add my brother with Down syndrome and severe disability as a dependent. He is 24 years old, he is like a 2-year-old child. I take care of him, I take him to his therapies, I help my parents because they are already old for these tasks that my brother requires due to his condition. How do I add him as a dependent and what paperwork do I need?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please support this particular case. My husband is my sponsor and I am the principal applicant's . There are no children. However, I can add my brother with Down syndrome and severe disability as a dependent. He is 24 years old, he is like a 2-year-old child. I take care of him, I take him to his therapies, I help my parents because they are already old for these tasks that my brother requires due to his condition. How do I add him as a dependent and what paperwork do I need?

Thank you
He can’t be your dependent and you can’t try to sponsor him while your parents are alive. Once they die you may be able to sponsor him but if he is high medical needs no guarantee. You should be hiring care in your home country if your parents need help and have a longterm plan for his future if he can not come to Canada. If you are able to sponsor your parents they can include your brother but there is no guarantee they will all be approved and it is an all or nothing situation. Would add that there is minimal support for adults over 21 with disabilities so you’d likely have to pay out of pocket for many things. How will you work if you have to care for your brother 24/7?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thank you
He cannot be added