+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR

laibachaudhry59

Star Member
Jun 14, 2024
Hi @Naturgrl , I humbly request your guidance here... My SDS Study Permit application from India was rejected yesterday for the following reason:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Here's my profile:

B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering): 2012 Passout (71%)
MBA: 2016 Passout (80%)
Work Experience after MBA:
- 1.5 years as Digital Marketing Coordinator
- 2 years as Administrative Officer
- 3+ years as Production Engineer (Current Experience)

Course Taken: 1 Year PG Certificate Course in Digital & Content Marketing at York University.
IELTS Score: Overall 8.0 Band Score (No module less than 7)

No family ties in Canada. Plus, I mentioned clearly in SOP that I want to advance my skills in Digital Marketing, and told them about the companies that could hire me in India after my international exposure to show career advancement. What do you think I missed (or I did wrong) here?
Hey, when did you apply for the visa?