+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hubby has CoPR, but what happens next when he's already here????

Ceil

Mar 4, 2020
Hi everyone, I am hoping to have something cleared up for me. I began the process to sponsor my husband last October. It has been a rollercoaster to say the least. Luckily, it was an inland application because he was already here. So after lots of document searching and lawyers and $$$, we finally recieved a notification today that his application for Permanent Residence has been a approved. There is a section called 'documents' and in that section there is a title saying 'confirmation of permanent residence' with an expiry date of next summer.

My understanding is that a person is supposed to use that document and present to customs when they arrive in Canada. Obviously, he doesn't need to arrive because he is already here. MY concern is, where is the information about his actual PR card? There is no links to open any documents and it just say to 'read messages below' but there are no messages. I am confused....or maybe I am being impatient??? I don't know. This has just been a crazy crazy year for us....as for many others I'm sure!

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi everyone, I am hoping to have something cleared up for me. I began the process to sponsor my husband last October. It has been a rollercoaster to say the least. Luckily, it was an inland application because he was already here. So after lots of document searching and lawyers and $$$, we finally recieved a notification today that his application for Permanent Residence has been a approved. There is a section called 'documents' and in that section there is a title saying 'confirmation of permanent residence' with an expiry date of next summer.

My understanding is that a person is supposed to use that document and present to customs when they arrive in Canada. Obviously, he doesn't need to arrive because he is already here. MY concern is, where is the information about his actual PR card? There is no links to open any documents and it just say to 'read messages below' but there are no messages. I am confused....or maybe I am being impatient??? I don't know. This has just been a crazy crazy year for us....as for many others I'm sure!
Congratulations, your husband has COPR!

If the COPR letter did not direct you to print and mail it to IRCC with new photos for his PR card, then you guys just have to wait for the PR card to come in the mail (using the original photos sent in with the application). You are done and these's nothing else to do on your end.

Ceil

Mar 4, 2020
This is very exciting! There was no actual letter attached to the notification in the GC, it it does have a document number and it says ‘valid’.
How long does it usually take to mail out the PR card?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Ceil

Mar 4, 2020
One more question. I’n March CBSA took my husbands passport and ID because there was a removal order. He has PR now, so how do we get his documents back from CBSA?