+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will CIC fill the employment gap?

ronaldotuti

Feb 27, 2015
How will CIC fill Canadian employment gap if the programs that they have is CRS score based?
I mean, how will they pick the right immigrants (with the right skills) if they rank everyone on the same pool?

mrwait

Nov 28, 2014
ronaldotuti said:
How will CIC fill Canadian employment gap if the programs that they have is CRS score based?
I mean, how will they pick the right immigrants (with the right skills) if they rank everyone on the same pool?
that is going to be the failure of this program ....this program wont last long for sure.

ronaldotuti

Feb 27, 2015
mrwait said:
that is going to be the failure of this program ....this program wont last long for sure.
I hope so, because I am an engineer but I don't have a high score (334). I am pretty sure that they need engineers there but, as I said, I must be on the middle of the pool, competing with someone that have a crap bachelor degree...

victorxman182

Jan 29, 2015
ronaldotuti said:
I hope so, because I am an engineer but I don't have a high score (334). I am pretty sure that they need engineers there but, as I said, I must be on the middle of the pool, competing with someone that have a crap bachelor degree...
If you are needed in the job market you will easily find an employer willing to apply for LMIA or a province to nominate you. That's the rationale of CIC.

ronaldotuti

Feb 27, 2015
victorxman182 said:
If you are needed in the job market you will easily find an employer willing to apply for LMIA or a province to nominate you. That's the rationale of CIC.
I'm not in Canada. I doubt any employer will spend HR hours to apply for LMIA without even meet me in real life. That's what FSWP should be about. Nominating the highest skilled persons around the world by field area, not by a dummy pool that compare a dentist with a geologist.....

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Contrary to popular belief that Canada needs "skilled workers"! Canada does not need Skilled Professionals, they have more than enough local graduates than the number of available jobs in Teaching, Engineering, Nursing, Financial Services, IT etc. All they need are cheap labourers to fill in the gap, with the highest percentage of population with Bachelor degree and above, very few Canadian would want to do dirty jobs, and those jobs need people to do too. Immigrants are supposed to fill in that gap, and since they can pick and choose, why not choose a PhD to clean toilet, perhaps he will be more efficient than someone with a Master degree, maybe he can automate the cleaning process.