+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to order CBSA report

wael1976

Mar 1, 2014
Hi everyone ,

I applied for citizenship in march 3, 2014.

I travelled 2 times prior to applying for citizenship . do i need to get CBSA report or CIC will get it on my behalf ?

and i need to get it myself how and where can i order CBSA report?

thanks

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
wael1976 said:
Hi everyone ,

I travelled 2 times prior to applying for citizenship . do i need to get CBSA report or CIC will get it on my behalf ?

thanks
Hi, Welcome to forum. Check this link. You can submit a request here.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

If you have given consent to CIC to get on your behalf, CIC will get it for you and check your entry/exits or its your responsibility to get one and submit. Most of the applicants here authorize CIC to get it as well as get a copy for themselves for their record. It takes 30 days after your submission.

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hello

Quote:
Check this link. You can submit a request here: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Can someone who has applied and received the details confirm the below?
Category that best describes you: Member of the Public
Act: Privacy Act
Type of Records: Case Files

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,

I have a question.

When ordering CBSA Report do I need to order one for my son as well? He is 7 year old and we travelled together as a family?

Anybody with the same experience like mine

Thanks..

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I have the same case ...I ordered one CBSA report for my self and my wife but not for my son who is 7 years old also. ::)

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi osamaamany,

Let see if anybody has gone through the experience already and has taken the test. I one have one trip but they did not stamp my passport and my family.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
I'm trying to order a report for my records (https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/client.do), but the very first question I get is: *Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request.

Should I select CIC? And, if so, would the report be sent to them as well...?

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
I'm trying to order a report for my records (https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/client.do), but the very first question I get is: *Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request.

Should I select CIC? And, if so, would the report be sent to them as well...?
No, You re ordering from CBSA. The report would be sent to you. If CIC needs when they will order it.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
So, what value should I pick from the drop-down list?
What are the choices you have? I don't know what you're talking about because I didn't order online, I just sent a letter and received it in about 5 weeks.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wael1976 said:
Hi everyone ,

thanks
Why are you even considering getting such document when you have only been out of the country twice?

CBSA report are for people whose passports are filled with stamps.

Even if you submit the report yourself, CIC will have to run the check themselves to ensure veracity of the information you presented.

Based on personal info: I have been out of the country twice since becoming PR(15 days each trip). I just submitted the documents on the check list(no such report included), and my process has been pretty smooth so far, two weeks away from oath.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
boasorte said:
Why are you even considering getting such document when you have only been out of the country twice?

CBSA report are for people whose passports are filled with stamps.

Even if you submit the report yourself, CIC will have to run the check themselves to ensure veracity of the information you presented.

Based on personal info: I have been out of the country twice since, for 15 days each. Just submitted the documents on the check list(no such report included), and my process has been pretty smooth so far, two weeks away from oath.
Apparently it's good to have when you go to the interview...

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The word "apparently" is the key there.. haha

Unless one has a couple of passports filled with stamps, which would clearly take way too long for an officer to individually check each stamp, then he/she should request the CBSA. Also, people with such high number exits are doomed to get RQ, and CIC will have to run that check on their own anyways.

In this case, I don't see how the officer will be unable to check two exits.

You could do it for peace of mind, but I personally find it unnecessary.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
boasorte said:
The word "apparently" is the key there.. haha

Unless one has a couple of passports filled with stamps, which would clearly take way too long for an officer to individually check each stamp, then he/she should request the CBSA. Also, people with such high number exits are doomed to get RQ, and CIC will have to run that check on their own anyways.

In this case, I don't see how the officer will be unable to check two exits.

You could do it for peace of mind, but I personally find it unnecessary.
I find it unnecessary, too, but CIC doesn't care about our opinion. Even if you have one trip outside Canada and one of the stamps is missing in your passport, this report would apparently make a strong case during the interview. What are you going to tell the interviewer that they should go back and consult with the CBSA report that CIC fetched on your behalf...?