+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get rid of miscalculation of years of work experience

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

I submitted my express entry profile but it calculated that I have 3 years of work of experience when I have only 2 years and 10 months.
I think this is because it counts the start month and end month as total months.
This is a problem as it adds 10 points that I do not have and will not have in the next few months as I am on maternity leave.
I do not see a way to get around this apart from changing the end or start month but then I am putting incorrect data.

Has anyone had this issue and what can I do ?
I have 497 points without the extra year and 507 with it. I assume i just refuse the invitation if the cut off is above 497 ? Will that put me back automatically in the pool ?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello everyone,

I submitted my express entry profile but it calculated that I have 3 years of work of experience when I have only 2 years and 10 months.
I think this is because it counts the start month and end month as total months.
This is a problem as it adds 10 points that I do not have and will not have in the next few months as I am on maternity leave.
I do not see a way to get around this apart from changing the end or start month but then I am putting incorrect data.

Has anyone had this issue and what can I do ?
I have 497 points without the extra year and 507 with it. I assume i just refuse the invitation if the cut off is above 497 ? Will that put me back automatically in the pool ?
Just reduce a month from your experience and it will take care of the 3 year work exp glitch.