Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
suwail said:
Dear qorax,

I managed to get a G1 license using my 6 years old abu dhabi certificate. They allowed me to take G road test (one chance) directly but I didn't took it yet as I have only 1 week off and needs to go back to abu dhabi.

My question is If i take the G road test during winter, will they be able to fail me as this is what I've heard because they will assume that I have no experience driving on snowy wet roads at all.

Is it advisable to wait until next summer to take the G?

Hope to hear from you shortly.

Suwail
It makes no difference vis-a-vis your driving experience on any type of roads... as long as u have that 'one' chance - go for it... your success would depend on how u drove that day [of your full G test].

Qorax

Ps.: The Examiners r devoid of any biases.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
However, if you go take the road test when there is snow and ice and you are not used to these driving conditions and do not drive carefully, you could fail the road test. Wait and see when you are back if the roads are clear. If they are not, do some practice driving until you feel confident. You could even take a lesson to two to get some tips.

hassanbukhari

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Take at least some driving classes before giving any test it will help you. Driving is little different here from U.A.E.

FFFF

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2007
Doc's Request.
November 2009 sent in Feb 2010
Med's Request
18 August 2010
Med's Done....
15 Sept 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16 March 2011 and sent on 19 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
26 MAY 2011 ( Visa Stamped 18 May 2011 )
LANDED..........
Landed on 25 June 2011
Dear Qorax and seniors;
During my landing time in Toronto, I applied for a driving test. At the counter, I showed the officer my UAE driving license that is issued almost 9.5 years back. Unfortunately my family name was not shown on the license in English, so they requested me to get a letter from UAE embassy stating that this license belongs to me with my full name. the time was so tight... the good thing that I had also the Jordanian driving license which was issued 13 years back. I passed the written exam and because of showing my Jordanian License, I got G1.... I informed them that I have been driving for more than 13 years; they asked for the driving experience letter. Few days ago I renewed my UAE driving license and now it shows my family name. My question, does it work if I submit to them the driving experience letter from Abu Dhabi and present the UAE driving license instead of the Jordanian... Please advice

brandonyac

Star Member
May 15, 2011
Dear Qorax and seniors,
I passed my IELTS just today and i plan to submit my application early next week and i hope i can reach the cap under NOC 3152.
My problem is that i dont know wat the documents ill be needing to submit?
And Can i use METROBANK here in the philippines for the bankdraft for 550 CAD?
Thank you Guys and god bless u all.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
FFFF said:
Dear Qorax and seniors;
During my landing time in Toronto, I applied for a driving test. At the counter, I showed the officer my UAE driving license that is issued almost 9.5 years back. Unfortunately my family name was not shown on the license in English, so they requested me to get a letter from UAE embassy stating that this license belongs to me with my full name. the time was so tight... the good thing that I had also the Jordanian driving license which was issued 13 years back. I passed the written exam and because of showing my Jordanian License, I got G1.... I informed them that I have been driving for more than 13 years; they asked for the driving experience letter. Few days ago I renewed my UAE driving license and now it shows my family name. My question, does it work if I submit to them the driving experience letter from Abu Dhabi and present the UAE driving license instead of the Jordanian... Please advice
It should be accepted.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
brandonyac said:
Dear Qorax and seniors,
I passed my IELTS just today and i plan to submit my application early next week and i hope i can reach the cap under NOC 3152.
My problem is that i dont know wat the documents ill be needing to submit?
And Can i use METROBANK here in the philippines for the bankdraft for 550 CAD?
Thank you Guys and god bless u all.
Pls read here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

FFFF

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2007
Doc's Request.
November 2009 sent in Feb 2010
Med's Request
18 August 2010
Med's Done....
15 Sept 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16 March 2011 and sent on 19 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
26 MAY 2011 ( Visa Stamped 18 May 2011 )
LANDED..........
Landed on 25 June 2011

Vakta

May 4, 2011
Hi there,
I have applied for Canada Immigration under skilled worker category and am waiting for passport to come.About driving licence,I have two wheeler's licence since last 8 years but unfortunately,I applied for four-wheeler driving licence on 24th August,2011 and it'll take 15 days to get.Here,I want to know about procedure of getting Canadian driving licence in my case.Please guide...
Thanks....

hassanbukhari

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you don't have any experience in driving so you will enter the same delay period which is normally one year from G1 to 2. In the mean time you can learn to drive in the company of any experience driver.

Hiring a good driving instructor would be very necessary for you after passing G1 and he could guide you better.

Good luck!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you go to Ontario, there is normally a 12 month driving experience required to get a G2 license allowing you to drive alone but shortened to 8 months if you take an approved driving course. They will accept the experience you have and subtract that from the 12 months.

If you go to Alberta, as long as you have a valid license, even if it is brand new, they will give you a GDL license which is the same as G2 in Ontario.

If you are going to some other province, you would have to look up their requirements.

TechGo

Apr 13, 2011
Canooknic said:
I had a UK learners. I had called prior to our arrival and was told that they would possibly credit some time and when I went to the registry I was told no so I got them to call Service Alberta. I had to give them my UK licence and they sent it off but wouldnt confirm how much I would be credited. Once the Alberta licence came through I went back to the registry and they told me I was credited the full 12 months, which she was shocked about as she had only heard of it happening once and being credited 3 months.
Maybe I was just lucky....
Dear Canooknic
Just to share with you that Service Alberta accepted my UK learners licence to credit 12 months waiting period for road test. Now I am planning to go for road test next week. Thank you so much for all your help.
Regards,

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
TechGo said:
Dear Canooknic
Just to share with you that Service Alberta accepted my UK learners licence to credit 12 months waiting period for road test. Now I am planing to go for road test next week. Thank you so much for all your help.
Regards,
Yay!! So pleased for you, enjoy the open road xxx