+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO COUNT NO. OF DAYS FOR PR RENEWAL

mrsskittles

Jul 1, 2014
Hi everyone! I would like to ask how do you count the number of days so you'll know if you've reached the 720 days requirement for renewal of the PR Card. My husband is to renew his PR Card.

Any help will do. His PR card is gonna expire on March 2017.

Thanks a bunch.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
mrsskittles said:
Hi everyone! I would like to ask how do you count the number of days so you'll know if you've reached the 720 days requirement for renewal of the PR Card. My husband is to renew his PR Card.

Any help will do. His PR card is gonna expire on March 2017.

Thanks a bunch.
first its 730 days in a 5 year period not 720 days. So need to count every day in the 5 years that were spent in Canada, does not have to be continuous as long as totals 730 days leading upto March 2017.

It is the responsibility of the PR to ensure they keep track of their residency obligation days/ dates in country

mrsskittles

Jul 1, 2014
This is his second time to renew for his PR Card. The only problem we have is that he doesn't know how to calculate the days. The first time he renewed his PR it was done with the help of his parents. So this time we are utterly confused as to how to do this because all the details from the previous renewal is with his parents and we are still waiting for a reply from their end.

They entered Canada on 2007 and his PR card was to expire on 2012. I have no idea when particularly in 2012 it was gonna expire but he was able to renew it and got his card through mail. As we all know, on the card the only thing written on there is the date of birth and the expiration date. So when he got the card on 2012, the expiration date is on March 8 2017.

I am just confused as to how to start counting the days. Should we start counting from the day he received his old PR card?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You count back 5 years from the day he signs the renewal application.