+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Claim for refugee on port entry ?

crefugee

Sep 27, 2011
I and my wife are planning to claim for refugee status in Canada.

We are going to apply for TRV next week but before that I want to be sure to fulfill all the requirements.
Senior members, Please advise me how and what to do for claiming refugee/protect person status on port of entry.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
It appears from your post in response to F Khan that you are already familiar with the process of making a claim at a port entry which the airport is and the only difference is Safe Third does not apply other than at a land border. Again, if you are going to the USA landing there first, if you are able to obtain a visa to do so, then the question is why would you not claim asylum in the first safe country in which you arrive?

crefugee

Sep 27, 2011
NBaker said:
It appears from your post in response to F Khan that you are already familiar with the process of making a claim at a port entry which the airport is and the only difference is Safe Third does not apply other than at a land border. Again, if you are going to the USA landing there first, if you are able to obtain a visa to do so, then the question is why would you not claim asylum in the first safe country in which you arrive?
Thanks for your reply NBaker. I have read that somewhere in this forum. I just need to know if there are any requirements ? I am not coming from or via USA but India.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/index.asp

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am assuming you have a visa of some kind that allows you to take a flight from India and appear at the Canadian border.

crefugee

Sep 27, 2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/index.asp
I am assuming you have a visa of some kind that allows you to take a flight from India and appear at the Canadian border.
Thanks for your replies scylla and newtone.

I have a question. Is it better to claim for refugee protection on the airport or to claim from inside canada ?

As I have read in other topics for protected person claim I will have to first be inside canada, And If i will be on airport will i be still treated as Inside Canada or not ?

Please Reply

crefugee

Sep 27, 2011
newtone said:
It dosent matter either ways you are inside Canada
Thanks newtone for clarifying my doubts.

Which city should be better for me to go and claim for protected person and where the process will be faster and taken care of easily ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Make sure you have lots of evidence (letters from family / friends, police reports, hospital reports, evidence of threats, etc.). You'll need hard proof for your refugee claim to be accepted.

crefugee

Sep 27, 2011
scylla said:
Make sure you have lots of evidence (letters from family / friends, police reports, hospital reports, evidence of threats, etc.). You'll need hard proof for your refugee claim to be accepted.
Thanks for your reply scylla

I have police complaints copies.
I have the medical receipts and reports of the treatment.

In the letters from family / friends what it should contain ?

And what docs will be accepted as evidence of threats ?

Your reply will be really appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
crefugee said:
Thanks for your reply scylla

I have police complaints copies.
I have the medical receipts and reports of the treatment.

In the letters from family / friends what it should contain ?

And what docs will be accepted as evidence of threats ?

Your reply will be really appreciated.
I don't have any experience in refugee hearing and can't answer your questions. And I don't think there's a list out there of documents to provide since each case is unique. Just keep in mind that the onus is on your and your wife to prove that you qualify. Include any documentation you think supports the claims you are making.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Another bogus refugee claim.

I don't understand, why is it Canada's duty to take in people who are having problems in other countries? If I have a problem in Canada will the Indian government take me and my family in provide us housing and waste Indian tax payer money on us?

India is a large booming country, you could go anywhere in India. India is not in a war or suffering from a famine.

This is why Western governments are going broke.

crefugee

Sep 27, 2011
Hay AAL1984 (Frustrated Nokia Land Man)

You don't know what exactly what my problem is ?

If I have a problem in Canada will the Indian government take me and my family in provide us housing and waste Indian tax payer money on us?
Yes, Ofcourse if you have a problem WITH Canada (or you are going to be killed in Canada), they will take you. That's what this program is about.