+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply TRV for children from inside Canada ?

victoryman

Aug 27, 2024
Thanks for your quick response, does this mean that IRCC doesnt have an option to submit TRV extension application for minor dependants? I did submitted my TRV application along with my wife and son, and I have been asked to submit the form 5257 whereas for my wife and kid it was form 5708. Eventually I got my TRV but both my wife and kid's application has been withdrawn, since IRCC provided incorrect forms and I trusted them blindly. Now I am trying to submit application through my wife's IRCC account, this time I was able to get the correct form 5257 for my wife but same incorrect form 5708 for my son.
So is it clear that IRCC doesnt have an option to submit TRV application online for Minors??
It's the same situation as mine (like copy-paste). Don't expect that with your wife's application, your son's TRV will be approved; I am confident it will be rejected. The online option that is not coherent is applying like you are outside Canada; that doesn't make sense.. that's why the more secure (and confirmed) option for our situation is applying by paper for the minor TRV. They explained to me (by phone) that only minors with study permits have the TRV option from inside Canada, but my son was too young when he arrived, so he got the visitor record permit. Then, this situation can be explained better and approved when the process is done on paper.