+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to apply online for TRV

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends ,I need your help to apply a TRV for my parents .
I am going to apply online. But I have many question. I do not have a MyCic yet.
1. About the forms , should I fill them before I log in or when I log in , there are forms that should I fill them online?
2. should my parents sign them?
3. Is there any limit to upload the documents? I mean can i upload as much as i want or there is limit?

thank you in advance

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when I sign in do I have to upload all documents at that time or I can sign out and come back later to upload other documents ?

saadtariq30

Oct 13, 2013
pmary said:
Hi friends ,I need your help to apply a TRV for my parents .
I am going to apply online. But I have many question. I do not have a MyCic yet.
1. About the forms , should I fill them before I log in or when I log in , there are forms that should I fill them online?
2. should my parents sign them?
3. Is there any limit to upload the documents? I mean can i upload as much as i want or there is limit?

thank you in advance
1. Make a mycic id and download the forms and fill them.
2. No need to physically sign the form in the online application. At the end before the payment you will be made to digitally sign the application.
3. You can scan documents and combine them into one file and upload them as required.

Its all very basic and easy. Just make a mycic id and read the instructions carefully and it shouldnt be a problem at all.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
pmary said:
when I sign in do I have to upload all documents at that time or I can sign out and come back later to upload other documents ?
You have 60 days to finish the application once you start it. You can sign out and come back later as many times as you want. You'll only be able to submit once all documents are provided. If you think you don't need to submit a certain document, upload an word document saying something like "NA" or "This doesn't apply to me" etc.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends
thanks for your reply. I have another question. Which one is faster apply online or send my application to VAC ?

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
pmary said:
Dear Friends
thanks for your reply. I have another question. Which one is faster apply online or send my application to VAC ?
I only have experience with online. And in my opinion, online is faster. Since the application is goes to CIC right away. Plus they don't have to enter any information into the computer. And then communication to you is via email which is instantaneous.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you dotmatrix
I want to scan my document , but I do not know which format is better PDF or JPEG , If I scan them which format they are? and how can I make one file from documents? I have many doc to upload for support the application.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
pmary said:
Thank you dotmatrix
I want to scan my document , but I do not know which format is better PDF or JPEG , If I scan them which format they are? and how can I make one file from documents? I have many doc to upload for support the application.
Scans are usually jpegs. It depends on your scanners settings. I think myCIC accepts all sorts of different formats. I used a pdf making software. It's called cutepdf. I would paste all the scans required for one upload and then convert the whole thing to pdf and then upload it.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply.
I have another question about client ID #
My brother did apply to sponsor my parents and in 2010 he received a letter from immigration canada with a client ID # . In sponsorship application my mother is the main applicant. But know for visitor visa application my father is the main applicant. I do not know the client ID # in the letter of sponsorship who's this client id : my brother , my mother or my father :-X