+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO APPLY AINP

Lasantha

Apr 2, 2009
I came to Edmonton as Unskill worker. But according my qualification n Experience( I am microsoft cerified systems engineer and I have 8+ experiece as an IT Excutive /Manager) my company promoted me as Network/User Support Technician (NOC 2282).

My bother also Landed Immigrant in BC and My company willing to sponsor me for AINP . pls adv How can i apply for AINP( Stll i have my old unskill workpermit). Plss help me every body confusing me and consulting ppls ask 5000$ ++

tks

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
The best what You can do to call AINP but before visit a website : http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/ainp.html ( You can find all information about unskilled and skilled workers).

what You need for sure - permanent offer job from Your employer.

You can call this organization - they help temporary foreign workers this is wbesite: http://www.ccis-calgary.ab.ca/TFW.htm - they have very big experience they help me a lot.

I hope I help You a little bit.

good luck!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree you should call the AINP. Ask them if it is enough that your employer writes up a job offer for NOC 2282 or if he has to apply for an AEO for you. Since you are already working there, they might say you should change your work permit to a skilled and then apply.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The pros and cons he has listed are mostly garbage list. For example, this one "Once you become Canadian Citizen you are free to be a citizen of United States – Another privilege for Canadian Citizens."

Everybody in the world knows that what he says above is not true. Either he does not know what he is talking about or he is misleading people knowingly.

I hope you did not mess up your application by listening to this guy.

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
nix1 said:
The pros and cons he has listed are mostly garbage list. For example, this one "Once you become Canadian Citizen you are free to be a citizen of United States – Another privilege for Canadian Citizens."

Everybody in the world knows that what he says above is not true. Either he does not know what he is talking about or he is misleading people knowingly.

I hope you did not mess up your application by listening to this guy.
Who are you talking about?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monteiromarcosb said:
Who are you talking about?
There was a message right above mine and right below Leon's message. The message had a link (personal blog) and talked about Canadian PR's pros and cons. Now the message is gone. Either the guy who posted it deleted it or the administrator deleted it.

anjali767

Feb 24, 2009
hi all,

I am preparing my documents for applying under us h1b ainp for alberta. I have been working in US from last 2 years, however the h1b started last year from oct 08 and before that I was on a different work visa.

Q-Does anybody know that should I wait till oct 09 for the completion of 1 year on h1b or should I proceed with my application?
Q-Is it that if now once rejected I can not apply again in oct 09 or can I do it then?

Thanks a bunch,
Anjali

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can in any case apply in oct 09 but if you can apply earlier, call them and ask.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
I'm sure you have to currently be on H1b But I'm not sure you get your work experience only on H1b so you might wanna contact AINP office for clearification.

anjali767

Feb 24, 2009
Thanks for the reply,
sure, I will call them today. The no I have is 780-427-6419..I guess that's the one for candidates outside canada.
Also, somebody was telling me that they're gonna make some changes to the program. Does anybody know if they have any plans to do that recently?

Thanks again.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
anjali767 said:
Thanks for the reply,
sure, I will call them today. The no I have is 780-427-6419..I guess that's the one for candidates outside canada.
Also, somebody was telling me that they're gonna make some changes to the program. Does anybody know if they have any plans to do that recently?

Thanks again.
Yes you got the correct number.
Earlier there was a note on the website(http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html) saying that they are gonna change NOC codes after April 15th. But i am not sure whether they changed them and also the note from the website was taken away before April 10th.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
vsrao said:
anjali767 said:
Thanks for the reply,

Thanks again.
Yes you got the correct number.
Earlier there was a note on the website(http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html) saying that they are gonna change NOC codes after April 15th. But i am not sure whether they changed them and also the note from the website was taken away before April 10th.
Check this
http://www.canadavisa.com/strategic-recruitment-stream-h1b-visa.html

vishals_me

Star Member
Apr 20, 2009
NY/NJ/PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
12-01-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
Anjali,
Did you try calling and ask them about ur case? even i m on same boat? i've experience more than a year but on OPT followed by H1 i.e dont have one year experience on h1b.

Please let me know if anyone has idea..... cant wait till Oct 2009 to get one year over on h1b.

Thanks,

Vishal.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
vishals_me said:
Anjali,
Did you try calling and ask them about ur case? even i m on same boat? i've experience more than a year but on OPT followed by H1 i.e dont have one year experience on h1b.

Please let me know if anyone has idea..... cant wait till Oct 2009 to get one year over on h1b.

Thanks,

Vishal.
Please read the FAQ posted as a Sticky on this forum. Here is the answer from that:

2. What is the work experience requirement? I have over
one year of experience when I finished my education. I
just got my H1B visa. Do I have to wait for a year?

The requirement is that you have one year’s experience working
on an H1-B U.S. Visa (or other approved categories – H1-B1,
H1-C or E-3).