+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO APPLY AINP

anjali767

Feb 24, 2009
Thanks for the info.
Some consulting firm from canada told me that they recently filed couple of cases where candidate with less than 1 yr exp on H1 and candidate was on L1/Opt before and they got the approval. Not sure if they are true or just lying.

Anyways, if I apply now and they ask me to wait till oct,2009 then can I re-apply in oct 2009 as a fresh applicant?

Also, does anybody know of any post in this forum where somebody might have posted some sample answers to these questions:-

3. Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta (Provide attachment if

required):
4. Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live and what type of

accommodation are you are seeking? (Provide attachment if required):
5. Describe your familiarity with Alberta. For instance, what do you know about its climate, labour market, cost of

living, geography, etc.? (Provide attachment if required):

I know I can answer them as it's related to me but just looking for some sample answers, that's it.

Thanks everybody who has helped,
Anjali

anjali767

Feb 24, 2009
Friends,

Quick question:-

I am the primary applicant, on H1b and I have filled the AINP forms to be sent. However, there in the forms it says that I have to submit the CIC forms also. It's only me and my spouse who are moving to Canada... On form "IMM 0008 Generic: Application for Permanent Residence in Canada", do both of us have to list each of our family members and their all details?

Also, do we have to fill out "IMM 0008 Schedule 4: Economic Classes: Provincial Nominees" and send a copy of it with AINP forms or can we do it at a later stage?

Thanks in advance :)

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
anjali767 said:
Friends,

Quick question:-

I am the primary applicant, on H1b and I have filled the AINP forms to be sent. However, there in the forms it says that I have to submit the CIC forms also. It's only me and my spouse who are moving to Canada... On form "IMM 0008 Generic: Application for Permanent Residence in Canada", do both of us have to list each of our family members and their all details?
Ans: No, on the second page you have to fill your spouse and children details(Family members include a spouse, a common-law partner, dependent children, and dependent child of a dependent child)

Also, do we have to fill out "IMM 0008 Schedule 4: Economic Classes: Provincial Nominees" and send a copy of it with AINP forms or can we do it at a later stage?
Ans: Yes you need to fill out all required CIC forms and send a copy of it along the AINP application.

Thanks in advance :)

anjali767

Feb 24, 2009
Thanks a lot for the reply. Really appreciate that.
On the IMM 0008 Schedule 4 form there's a question:
Funds: Amount Of unencumbered transferable and available funds you have in, in Canadian dollars?

Is it the money which should be available with me at the time of immigration and if yes then would you please guide me that for a couple how much amount should be sufficient to mention there? For example: If I mention 8k or 10k then would it be ok usually they approve the application if more are mentioned?

Thanks again,
Anjali

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
anjali767 said:
Thanks a lot for the reply. Really appreciate that.
On the IMM 0008 Schedule 4 form there's a question:
Funds: Amount Of unencumbered transferable and available funds you have in, in Canadian dollars?

Is it the money which should be available with me at the time of immigration and if yes then would you please guide me that for a couple how much amount should be sufficient to mention there? For example: If I mention 8k or 10k then would it be ok usually they approve the application if more are mentioned?

Thanks again,
Anjali
Yes
You need to put at least 13,486CAD

Go through the link below for more information.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

anjali767

Feb 24, 2009
As far as my understanding, me and my husband are filling our separate copy of IMM 0008 Schedule 1: Background/Declaration. Now, I am the primary applicant and that's what I mentioned in my form. When, my husband should fill it out, should he mention again me as the applicant and him as the spouse and then details of his parents and brother, sister OR on his form , he should mention him as the applicant and me as the spouse?

There's no place on IMM 0008 Schedule 1: Background/Declaration, where it says that it's spouse's form. It's just the same form and 2 different people have to fill it.

Thanks in advance..

Anjali

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
anjali767 said:
As far as my understanding, me and my husband are filling our separate copy of IMM 0008 Schedule 1: Background/Declaration. Now, I am the primary applicant and that's what I mentioned in my form. When, my husband should fill it out, should he mention again me as the applicant and him as the spouse and then details of his parents and brother, sister OR on his form , he should mention him as the applicant and me as the spouse?

There's no place on IMM 0008 Schedule 1: Background/Declaration, where it says that it's spouse's form. It's just the same form and 2 different people have to fill it.

Thanks in advance..

Anjali
Schedule 1- Background/Declaration(IMM 0008-Schedule 1) must be filled by both. Since you are principal applicant you need to check the "Principal appicant" box and fill the form, where as your husband has to check "The spouse" box and fill the form.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
For new Applicants who are about to apply

Note:
Before sending the filled documents to Alberta, check the current version of the online documents with what you have downloaded and filled.
For example AINP009A form is updated with new version(AINP 009A (2009/05))
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/IA-AINP_ainp009a.pdf

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Rao, Any ideas when this new version was uploaded. I remember that I downloaded the forms around May 06 and that time this was not there.

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
anjali, If you look at the form, you will see a check box on the top first quarter of the page.

Once you check the box for Spouse, then all the information about Spouse needs to be entered. It does not ask for "Spouse name" of the spouse (where you have confusion). Hence, you will be good. If you are the primary applicant, you fill one for yourself. When you husband fills in, he checks the box "spouse" and enter his name, parents name etc. The form will not ask your husband to enter his spouse name.

Hope this confusion is clear. If not, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Mohan

anjali767 said:

Thanks in advance..

Anjali

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
canada77 said:
Rao, Any ideas when this new version was uploaded. I remember that I downloaded the forms around May 06 and that time this was not there.
I dont know the exact date but it should be between 12th and 15th May. YOu should be fine.