+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How often are people getting job offers?

m0zeid

Jul 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

Still didn't enter the pool yet, I still have to do the ECA. But my calculation/estimation I will get like 430 points which is lower than 450 (the lowest ever CIC went).
So the hope is to get a nomination or a job offer.

I tried searching but couldn't find info on how often people are getting job offers while they are in the pool and residing outside Canada.

Some are saying it's hard to get a job while you are not in Canada, some says it's hard because they won't offer you a job and go through the hassle to hire you there is a local Canadian right there qualified to do the same job, and some says companies will not go through hassle and prefer someone who can interview face to face...

People tends to speak to many, maybe some are right but I need to have a better picture on how things are going on.
So how often are people getting job offers? is it a rare thing?

btw in a nutshell I'm an IT professional, with Bsc degee and 7.5 IELTS score

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m0zeid said:
Hello everyone,

Still didn't enter the pool yet, I still have to do the ECA. But my calculation/estimation I will get like 430 points which is lower than 450 (the lowest ever CIC went).
So the hope is to get a nomination or a job offer.

I tried searching but couldn't find info on how often people are getting job offers while they are in the pool and residing outside Canada.

Some are saying it's hard to get a job while you are not in Canada, some says it's hard because they won't offer you a job and go through the hassle to hire you there is a local Canadian right there qualified to do the same job, and some says companies will not go through hassle and prefer someone who can interview face to face...

People tends to speak to many, maybe some are right but I need to have a better picture on how things are going on.
So how often are people getting job offers? is it a rare thing?

btw in a nutshell I'm an IT professional, with Bsc degee and 7.5 IELTS score
People are right and they are saying this out of their personal experience. Why would a company go to great lengths to hire someone from outside canada? It is not an easy process and most of vacancy needs to be filled up on urgent basis unless ofcourse the company can wait which is highly unlikely.

m0zeid

Jul 26, 2015
StAnger said:
People are right and they are saying this out of their personal experience. Why would a company go to great lengths to hire someone from outside canada? It is not an easy process and most of vacancy needs to be filled up on urgent basis unless ofcourse the company can wait which is highly unlikely.
OK OK I know, and I'm convinced with that.
Then how to go to Canada? by nomination?

Or I have to get more points and hope the CIC to pick me someday?

thanks for your reply

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m0zeid said:
OK OK I know, and I'm convinced with that.
Then how to go to Canada? by nomination?

Or I have to get more points and hope the CIC to pick me someday?

thanks for your reply
Lots of bold OK's wont change the facts.

Heres how to go to canada:
1. If you have score in lower 400's, go for province nomination.
2. If you want a direct ITA, try to increase your score by retaking ielts, getting a post graduate degree and having good foreign work expereince.

Its not cake walk to go to canada. The express entry is competetive process and with current trend in scores its vital to get your scores atleast above 450's. I dont want to discourage anyone but these are hard facts. Things might improve and ease out but for now, it is what it is.

I see you are at 430 and i would advise you to apply for province nominations and meanwhile do all you can to cross that magic number of 450. Good luck.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As others have said, which I agree with getting a job offer without being on the ground is almost impossible. The second factor needed is to get a SIN.

You can only get that by being on the ground and presenting your WP to Service Canada.

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
From what I've heard, you'll have to land in Canada and search for a job. You may have to take up a temporary job or volunteer. That will help you network.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
what is the job bank created for? I dont think any person has got a job through job bank. They dont even send related jobs. How can the job bank be so designed? Dont they check the result of anything they do?

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
what is the job bank created for? I dont think any person has got a job through job bank. They dont even send related jobs. How can the job bank be so designed? Dont they check the result of anything they do?
It is probably created for the people that are already in Canada. Or for matching people with outstanding work experience in a very niche field. probably just doing a normal text match algorithm for the others.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rainman400 said:
It is probably created for the people that are already in Canada. Or for matching people with outstanding work experience in a very niche field. probably just doing a normal text match algorithm for the others.
Even those in Canada get their jobs directly and not through job bank. this is the worst part of EE.