+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much time Family Sponsorship process takes?

syedhaiderali

Oct 3, 2015
Dear guys, i am from Pakistan and our case is being processed from London embassy. I wanna ask how much time does Family immigration program takes, because its already been 7 years and we have had our medical and police certificate done back in May 2013 and again we received another request for Police Certificate and Additional Family Information Form (IMM5645), and more than likely we will receive another Medical Request. My question is that what did they do with my previous Police Clearance Certificate and Medical which i had already sent back in May,2013? why did they wasted 2.7 years for and asking for another medical and police certificate ? why are they doing this? Are they going to take another 2.7 years and re-send me Police Clearance and Medical request?

Regards,
Ali

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
syedhaiderali said:
Dear guys, i am from Pakistan and our case is being processed from London embassy. I wanna ask how much time does Family immigration program takes, because its already been 7 years and we have had our medical and police certificate done back in May 2013 and again we received another request for Police Certificate and Additional Family Information Form (IMM5645), and more than likely we will receive another Medical Request. My question is that what did they do with my previous Police Clearance Certificate and Medical which i had already sent back in May,2013? why did they wasted 2.7 years for and asking for another medical and police certificate ? why are they doing this? Are they going to take another 2.7 years and re-send me Police Clearance and Medical request?

Regards,
Ali
Pakistani Police Clearance Certificate is valid for only 6 months, I remember they were even valid for on 3 months, but for some years it valid for 6 months. CIC can ask again for Police Certificate. Lets say you have submitted the certificate, and the things changes, what if there come up a crime, do u think a person who is a criminal and because before he did a crime, he sent a police clearance certificate and he/she does a crime and he get-away from that crime, just because he/she sent a PCC. You never know what circumstances changes with one's life. So CIC always checks. Now I don't know why they are taking so long for family immigration, is it a spousal case of a parent case? if its a spouse case, then you must go to you MP. as for as Parents Case, it might take some, again 7 years should be enough, you better go to you MP. Last few years were not good with CIC, CIC was on strike in 2013, and it took some time, and that cause some backlog, which they are still trying to clear.

syedhaiderali

Oct 3, 2015
My elder brother in Canada sponsored me and my parents, its a family sponsorship, wondering how much more longer will i have to wait.

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you saying your application was sent 7 yrs ago ? Parent sponsorship unfortunately takes very long to complete the entire process...but 7 yrs and still incomplete is a record time frame.

1Wayne1

Sep 26, 2015
7 Years?? Wow . Only thing I found on CIC website states that family sponsorship apps from European countries, being processed in London, take approx 82 months.(for sponsoring parents /grandparents)...(28 mths for spousal).. I can't find anything about apps from Pakistan.
You should contact the Canadian embassy closest to you, maybe.