+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many of u got the GIC?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone, As this is a new process, so confusion is pretty obvious. Like in the case of @Gaur, I checked with another candidate on the forum. He did the same. Education loan once disbursed, it goes to your loan account which is most often jointly operated by first the applicant (student) and student's father or mother or brother who acts as a guarantee. Then funds can be transferred to Scotia. It has been done by two candidates so far and they confirmed they faced no issue. Hence, this is a new discovery and good for people with education loan. So you can try the same.

Cheers!

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@Sabby

Thax buddy..who are those 2 guys..

THe concern is not from GIC side..it is from Bank side whether bank would allow to transfer money to some account which is other than University one

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
@mayank

show them the gic application form and chc checklist where it is clearly mentioned abt doing a gic....

bank guys doesn't know whether u r going for spp visa or university visa.

ur prob is solved.

thx

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Mayank, Gaur is right. a candidate had the same issue with ICICI bank where it became hard for him to make them understand. However, upon providing GIC Guideline print out and CHC Student Visa Check List, they were okay with the process. Hence, worth giving it a try.

Best of Luck.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@gaur and sabby

Ok, I will it a try but tell me 1 thing...if , in worst case, I dnt get the GIC then Can i go for other alternate option of showing 10k$ loan sanction letter.... ??

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
@mayank
first of all if u r going thru SPP then there in no alternate option but if u r going thru University visa then u can show the loan but if u will show the loan of exact 10k loan then it won't work.....u have to show the loan of around 6 lac

thx

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@ gaur786

What is exchange rate currently going on...I mean do we have to follow the one available on internet...

1 CAN$ = ??? INR

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
u can't do anything of the conversion rate bank charge to convert it....In any case bank purchase a dollar 50 paisa less then the market rate which u see on google or any other reliable website.

Many of my friends have paid 1 rs over and above the market rate to their banks but OBC didin't. They just charged the transaction fee + plus the deal rate according to their software which was the exact rate going on in the market.

OBC saved my 25000 rs. to be honest but services are pretty bad. Officer don't know how to write the sanction and disbursement letter.

u can see the exact rate on xe.com.

Thx

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Mayank, don't worry about conversion rate, though if you call the helpline of your respective bank and ask for charges they will levy on your transaction, you will have different version when this is executed. I would say over all, for CAD 10,100, YOu will end up paying around 5,45000. so you can make it any which ways now, you can divide 5,45000 with 10100 to find out rate. however the way it works is they charge you a conversion rate of less than a percent and then transaction fee, and service tax.

anyway it doesn't even worth getting into all this coz 5 to 10k INR charge makes no difference if your file is getting processed.

and there will always be difference in buying and selling rate that is something you can check on daily basis with your bank. they will have the rate, if they are buying, they will give you 1 or 1 and half rupee less. if they selling, yet they will do the same. hence, just get your file processed.

coolvedant007

Jun 15, 2013
Sent my GIC application on 8th June,2013 and still haven't received yet. I did a mistake. I put the date on the form of 15th may,2013 and sent it on 8th June,2013. What will happen now? Will my GIC be rejected or it will take a lot of time ?

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Hello guys,
I have opened my GIC account and i have owned a joint account with my father with my name as first name ......so Can i transfer money from that joint account to scotiabank........?

What is the process of gic after one open an account..? Can i transfer money directly from my bank account(if am i having transcation rights in my online bank account) online directly to scotiabank.....If not how can one transfer the money from ones own account...?